Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing a character string in a file Post 92502 by rjsha1 on Monday 12th of December 2005 06:46:11 AM
Old 12-12-2005
hi chaps,
Where am I going wrong below is my code after your comments :-

nawk -F\| -v CTY=$ICO \
-v oldamt=$prvamt \
-v newamt=$payin \
-v size=$cursize \
-v newday=$TODAY
'BEGIN {OFS="|"}
if ($1 == CTY) {
if ($7 == oldamt) {
$7 == newamt
$2 == newday
$3 == size
}
}
{print} ' $PARFILE

But it sill does not change for file below when $1 = IRL. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong

IRL|08122005|50935|VTIEpay|xxxxx|5|2005331
EGR|01012003|3333|EEDEpay|xxxxxxx|7|900
BEL|21072004|720981|VTBEpay|xxxxxxxx|8|2000
EEA|22077994|200|EEATpay|xxxxxxx|9|500

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing string with special character ???

the problem is while replacing the old string with new one with the help of SED i am unable to replace the special characters with new strings. how can i do that? i dont want the user to be given the trouble to write '\' before every special characters like * , . , \ , $ , &. sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imppayel
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing string in an XML file

Hi all, I need to replace string in XML file..XML file like <dependency> <groupId>fr.orange.portail.ear</groupId> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <type>ear</type> </dependency> <dependency> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while replacing a string by new line character in sed

hi, when i am doing the following things getting error Can anyone please suggest i have a file where there is a line like the following branch=dev sdf dev jin kilii fin kale boyle dev james dev i want to search the existance of dev in the above line. cat "$file" | sed -n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last character for each line in a file

Hello, I have a csv file and will like to replace the last character of each line in the file with Z (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123script
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Character in a file based on element

Hi, I have file like below. Unix:/pclls/turc>cat tibc.property executeReceiver=Y executeSender=Y I want to replace executeSender=N in the file. My file should be like below. executeReceiver=Y executeSender=N I tried with the below command, its giving error. cat tibc.property |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file and replacing the special character in the name with date

HI all, How can i rename some files and replace the special character in the name with todays date ex: Name#file1.txt Name#file2.txt to be renamed as Name.20091119.file1.txt Name.20091119.file2.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing a string with another string in a txt file

Dear all, I have a file like below. I want to replace all the '.' in the 3rd column with 'NA'. I don't know how to do that. Anyone has an iead? Thanks a lot! 8 70003200 21.6206 9 70005700 17.5064 10 70002200 . 11 70005100 19.1001 17 70008000 16.1970 32 70012400 26.3465 33... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
9 Replies

8. Programming

Need help for replacing a string in a text file at runtime !

Hi All, I am facing an issue... I need to replace some string in a text file while the same file is read by some other user at the same time. The other user is using it in the Read only mode. So I can't create a temporary file and write the content first and then write it back into the original... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agupta2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string values from a File

I want to replace string values from a file to a file For eg : File1 has 30 lines of string with values, those specific values needs to be changed in file2 and remaining values in file2 should be as it is. For example: From file (File1) cluster.name=secondaryCluster To replace File... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies
PASSWD(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      PASSWD(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-passwd, passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-help] [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-aixmd5] [-5] [-6] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1, its Apache variant apr1, and its AIX variant are available. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -aixmd5 Use the AIX MD5 algorithm (AIX variant of the BSD algorithm). -5 -6 Use the SHA256 / SHA512 based algorithms defined by Ulrich Drepper. See <https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/SHA-crypt.txt>. -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. EXAMPLES
% openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password xxj31ZMTZzkVA % openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a. % openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0 % openssl passwd -aixmd5 -salt xxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxx$8Oaipk/GPKhC64w/YVeFD/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PASSWD(1SSL)