Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh read timeout
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh read timeout Post 92331 by ashterix on Friday 9th of December 2005 11:08:58 AM
Old 12-09-2005
ksh read timeout

any idea on how to timeout the read statement for ksh?

for bash u can use read -t option
-t timeout
Cause read to time out and return failure if a complete
line of input is not read within timeout seconds. This
option has no effect if read is not reading input from
the terminal or a pipe.

thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving "read" from standard input a timeout.

I want to prompt a user for input but I want it to timeout after a specified time if no response is given. I tried the sleep command but this does not work. I am using ksh. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rello
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there any way to read a line twice in KSH

Hi All, Is there any way to read the previous line in file reading ? or is there any way to read a line twice in KSH ? thanks in advance !! Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to timeout the "read" command

I have a script that at some point will ask the interactive user a question: #!/bin/ksh echo "What is your access code?" read ans ... Sometimes this script is run by other scripts and there are no interactive users. The script then hangs on the "read" command, waiting for a user response... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read from std i/p with timeout within a script

hello every one , this is my first participation in the forum , I hope it'll be a good start within a script I would like to put some code to read i\p from standard i\p using read command if it reads Y it will terminate the script if it reads N it will continue execution , if no i\p is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blue_shadow
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script SQL timeout issue

Hi all, I have a KSH script which is kicking off an sql scripts as follows: /usr/local/installs/instantclient_10_2/sqlplus -s username/password @$sql_path/sql_query.sql > $tmp_path/sql_query_results The problem I have is that sometimes the 10g Oracle Database spits out an error saying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

read sectors from disk failed with timeout

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
0 Replies

7. Linux

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

command timeout in ksh

I probably read all the threads in almost all the forums for a solution to my need. I am a beginner in shell scripting and I dont have a perfect solution yet. Below is my code snippet. idql -n $REPOSITORY_NAME.$cs -Udmadmin -P"" -R$DM_SCRIPTS/test.api > /dev/null 2>&1 if ; then echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnudev1
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read timeout

I saw several thread for this issue but none addresses my issue. I have tried read -t but the result is read bad options My requirement is 1. Ask for input 2. If input = y or no input in 60 seconds then continue processing else exit fi Kindly consider this urgent. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprasad
8 Replies
SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3)						      OpenSSL						    SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_set_timeout, SSL_CTX_get_timeout - manipulate timeout values for session caching SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> long SSL_CTX_set_timeout(SSL_CTX *ctx, long t); long SSL_CTX_get_timeout(SSL_CTX *ctx); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_set_timeout() sets the timeout for newly created sessions for ctx to t. The timeout value t must be given in seconds. SSL_CTX_get_timeout() returns the currently set timeout value for ctx. NOTES
Whenever a new session is created, it is assigned a maximum lifetime. This lifetime is specified by storing the creation time of the session and the timeout value valid at this time. If the actual time is later than creation time plus timeout, the session is not reused. Due to this realization, all sessions behave according to the timeout value valid at the time of the session negotiation. Changes of the timeout value do not affect already established sessions. The expiration time of a single session can be modified using the SSL_SESSION_get_time(3) family of functions. Expired sessions are removed from the internal session cache, whenever SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3) is called, either directly by the application or automatically (see SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3)) The default value for session timeout is decided on a per protocol basis, see SSL_get_default_timeout(3). All currently supported protocols have the same default timeout value of 300 seconds. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_timeout() returns the previously set timeout value. SSL_CTX_get_timeout() returns the currently set timeout value. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3), SSL_SESSION_get_time(3), SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3), SSL_get_default_timeout(3) 50 2013-03-05 SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3)