Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove files based on date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove files based on date Post 92328 by vino on Friday 9th of December 2005 10:56:15 AM
Old 12-09-2005
Welcome to the forum. There is a search facility within the forum. You could start there.

Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove files with a date

I have files with a date name ( 20060506 20060507 etc..) that i want to remove because it keeps filling up the directory. Can someone please help me with a script to remove those date files. i would like to keep atleast 14 days worth from the current date. I hope i have explained it clearly and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justintime
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of files based on date?

Hi Friends, Can anyone help me with this: To get the count of files that are existing in a directory created on a perticular date like in the example (01/08) .(having same pattern for the filename) ex: FileName Creted Date FILE001 01/08/2007 FILE005 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To remove files before certain date

I juz started to pick up unix nott long. What i am gonna do here is to try and remove some files before a date. (example 1st Oct 2008) Format of files name: fileA_2008MMDD I did a ls -lrt to list all the files Followed by rm 200801** .. .. ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Attitude
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the newest files based on date

Hello friends, I'm learning to script, and I need help. How can I get the latest/newest files based on date? the format is as following: Feb 07 19:25 TESTPWD_file_1vk6pn40_19519_1 Feb 07 19:46 TESTPWD_file_1uk6pn40_19518_2 Feb 07 19:47 TESTPWD_file_20k6pn40_19520_2 Feb 07 19:56... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the files based on the date's

I have to write one script which will delete the files in the below passion. If today is 17-Feb-2010 then the script delete only 17-JAN-2010 files from the directory. Could you please help me, How will I delete the files when the year is leap year, if today is 30th Mar 2010 then how will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

Hello team, I have a number of files in a folder which are dated yesterday and today.Can i remove all the files which i created today based on date?? is there any syntax for this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the files based on date..

Hi to every one , i had ascenario like this.. i had path like export/home/pmutv/test/ in this i will recive 43 files daily with each file having that days date i.e like product.sh.20110512 like this i will 43 files every day i had to find the files. if files are avaliable i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not to remove Files based on property value

Hi All, Need your help to fix one script. Main agenda is: 1. Read a property file. 2. Delete all files in directory except the name from Property file. I am trying to read property file for value then deleting all files from directory except THAT value/name. I have tried so far as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies
SVN_LS(3)								 1								 SVN_LS(3)

svn_ls - Returns list of directory contents in repository URL, optionally at revision number

SYNOPSIS
array svn_ls (string $repos_url, [int $revision_no = SVN_REVISION_HEAD], [bool $recurse = false], [bool $peg = false]) DESCRIPTION
This function queries the repository URL and returns a list of files and directories, optionally from a specific revision. This is equiva- lent to svn list $repos_url[@$revision_no] Note This function does not work with working copies. $repos_url must be a repository URL. PARAMETERS
o $url - URL of the repository, eg. http://www.example.com/svnroot. To access a local Subversion repository via filesystem, use the file URI scheme, eg. file:///home/user/svn-repos o $revision - Integer revision number to retrieve listing of. When omitted, the HEAD revision is used. o $recurse - Enables recursion. RETURN VALUES
On success, this function returns an array file listing in the format of: [0] => Array ( [created_rev] => integer revision number of last edit [last_author] => string author name of last edit [size] => integer byte file size of file [time] => string date of last edit in form 'M d H:i' or 'M d Y', depending on how old the file is [time_t] => integer unix timestamp of last edit [name] => name of file/directory [type] => type, can be 'file' or 'dir' ) [1] => ... NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 svn_ls(3) example <?php print_r( svn_ls('http://www.example.com/svnroot/') ); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => Array ( [created_rev] => 20 [last_author] => Joe [size] => 0 [time] => Apr 02 09:28 [time_t] => 1175520529 [name] => tags [type] => dir ) [1] => Array ( [created_rev] => 23 [last_author] => Bob [size] => 0 [time] => Apr 02 15:15 [time_t] => 1175541322 [name] => trunk [type] => dir ) ) SEE ALSO
SVN documentation on svn list. PHP Documentation Group SVN_LS(3)