Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Veritas or Legato??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Veritas or Legato?? Post 9232 by TioTony on Wednesday 24th of October 2001 11:40:44 AM
Old 10-24-2001
I have always favored Veritas. I think both work fine though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas or Legato?

Hi guys, What product would you suggest for a hot/on-line backup with an active oracle database ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Legato Networker

Has anyone ever used Networker to backups a SunSolaris 5.4 system. I have all the my other OS on the network being backup except for the 5.4 systems. It's has to do with a daemon. So help me out this doesn't make any since> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Legato networker on hp-ux

Hello, Firstable I am new on hp-ux (well long time ago) I am more aix admin.... Legato networker is the tool backup use on the hp-ux. I don't know this tool and would like to know where to find some docs or training. My first question will be : when a system (hp-ux B.11.0) is backuped on a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
8 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

restore from Legato

Hi Fellas/Ladies I havent dont any restore unix systemsand recently issue has come up that I need to restore to fridays copy. I want to restore everything to last fridays for the directory /usr/local/projects. Anyone done legato restores? Would it keep acl/permissions, symlinks etc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brabored
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Legato Display

I am running legato 7.3.2. Here is my issue. I have taken over the backup duties from an employee who left the company. He was running Legato as the backup server/client of choice (I don't know much about Legato, but i am learning on the job). He has it setup to run the admin qui from the backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
3 Replies

6. AIX

Did Sudo break my Legato

I have a system that has been runing Legato for a few years (i inherieted this system). I have now been tasked with maintaining this system. I installed sudo on it so i didnt have to give out my root password and not some of my SAP backup jobs are failing. Can anyone out there give me some help?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
2 Replies

7. Solaris

legato for Lotus (load_notes_api|0|0|0)

hai, Help me please OS SUN 5.10 Lotus 8 Legato for Lotus 3.0 when backing up gives this error The dlopen() call for library libnotes.so failed with error: ld.so.1: nsrnotesv: fatal: libnotes.so: open failed: No such file or directory (load_notes_api|0|0|0) ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshon
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Legato networker 7.6

Hi ALl I have recently installed networker 7.6 on my solaris 10 host(V240). My bosses requirement was that the GUI was still availible (nwadmin). However on 7.6 there is no GUI and nwadmin does not exist. I have copied nwadmin over from the previous version of legato i had installed (6.2), and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Legato Networker

Hi , I have a lot of Tape device with backups from solaris sparc servers. This tape are in Legato Networker Format and now I need access and search an old backup. I know that Legato needed a Server , but this server is wrong , this down long time ago. I have a Legato Networker Server/Client... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: z0rtiz
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
BP_GENBANK2GFF(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					BP_GENBANK2GFF(1p)

NAME
bp_genbank2gff.pl - Load a Bio::DB::GFF database from GENBANK files. SYNOPSIS
% bp_genbank2gff.pl -d genbank -f localfile.gb % bp_genbank2gff.pl -d genbank --accession AP003256 % bp_genbank2gff.pl --accession AP003256 --stdout DESCRIPTION
This script loads a Bio::DB::GFF database with the features contained in a either a local genbank file or an accession that is fetched from genbank. Various command-line options allow you to control which database to load and whether to allow an existing database to be overwritten. The database must already have been created and the current user must have appropriate INSERT and UPDATE privileges. The --create option will initialize a new database with the appropriate schema, deleting any tables that were already there. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS Command-line options can be abbreviated to single-letter options. e.g. -d instead of --database. --create Force creation and initialization of database --dsn <dsn> Data source (default dbi:mysql:test) --user <user> Username for mysql authentication --pass <password> Password for mysql authentication --proxy <proxy> Proxy server to use for remote access --stdout direct output to STDOUT --adaptor <adaptor> adaptor to use (eg dbi::mysql, dbi::pg, dbi::oracle) --viral the genome you are loading is viral (changes tag choices) --source <source> source field for features ['genbank'] EITHER --file Arguments that follow are Genbank/EMBL file names OR --gb_folder What follows is a folder full of gb files to process OR --accession Arguments that follow are genbank accession numbers (not gi!) OR --acc_file Accession numbers (not gi!) in a file (one per line, no punc.) OR --acc_pipe Accession numbers (not gi!) from a STDIN pipe (one per line) SEE ALSO
Bio::DB::GFF, bulk_load_gff.pl, load_gff.pl AUTHOR
Scott Cain, cain@cshl.org Copyright (c) 2003 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_GENBANK2GFF(1p)