Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How do I detect multicore processors? Post 92248 by Midcain on Thursday 8th of December 2005 05:25:17 PM
Old 12-08-2005
Wouldn't work . . .

Dividing by two would indeed solve the problem -- right up until HP moved to quad-core, or introduced a technology similar to Hyper-Threading. And if I happen to be running on a single-core system with only one processor, suddenly my script is only detecting half a processor.

Nice try, but it isn't as simple as it looks at first glance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual processors

I have two sparcstation20's. One has no hard drive or memory and I want to know if there is a way to take the processor out of it and make the other a dual processor. I know it is possible some how just curious if anyone here can help me make this happen. (Don't know much about sun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbrown
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I determine # of processors ...

I have a console server that runs some form of UNIX/Linux, but I get a bash shell, and I want to determine how many processor (what speed) and them amount of RAM in the system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbrandeb49
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Quad or Duel Processors

Which hardware configuration gives you the best though put for processing? 1.) Quad CPU at 2 GHZ 2.) Dual CPU at 3 GHZ and More Memory. We currently have setup #1, I want to upgrade the server and I am investigating hardware configurations. Wanted to know if set #1 gives better though put... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Multicore from a different angle

Everyone seemed to be a little stumped by the multicore question I asked earlier this week, so I decided I'd try a different angle. Turns out that on a multicore system HP-UX reports every core as a seperate processor. All the usual commands (ioscan, top, etc.) report two processors for every... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Midcain
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check memory and processors

HI , I have AIX 5.2 ? I believe. I am looking to see how many processors I have and what the Memory is in this box? I know there is a command to run but I am really rusty at this Thanks Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

No: of processors

which unix command can be used to know the no: of processors running on that machine... version used:- Solaris 8.0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How give tasks to individual processors in a multicore processor ?

Hi all, Using shell script, how to assign tasks to individual processors in a multicore processor ? For example: If I have 4 processors, I want to give one job to each of the processors. (When I give multiple jobs, it's assigning all the load to a single processor. ) Thanks R (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: habzone2007
5 Replies
cpu_family(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       cpu_family(3alleg4)

NAME
cpu_family - Contains the CPU type. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int cpu_family; DESCRIPTION
Contains the Intel type, where applicable. Allegro defines the following CPU family types: CPU_FAMILY_UNKNOWN - The type of processor is unknown CPU_FAMILY_I386 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 386 CPU_FAMILY_I486 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 486 CPU_FAMILY_I586 - The processor is a Pentium or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_I686 - The processor is a Pentium Pro, II, III or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_ITANIUM - The processor is an Itanium processor CPU_FAMILY_POWERPC - The processor is a PowerPC processor CPU_FAMILY_EXTENDED - The processor type needs to be read from the cpu_model You can read this variable after you have called check_cpu() (which is automatically called by allegro_init()). SEE ALSO
check_cpu(3alleg4), cpu_vendor(3alleg4), cpu_model(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 cpu_family(3alleg4)