Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display card for SuSe
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Display card for SuSe Post 92115 by AirJason on Thursday 8th of December 2005 04:43:03 AM
Old 12-08-2005
Display card for SuSe

Dear all,

Does anyone of you know if the SuSe LINUX SLES9 support the display card Intel 915GM (i915)?

After my installation of SuSe, the display is not correct in my system. It will become a blank screen after botting the system. Right now, I can only use the CLI in my system.

Your comment will be highly appreciated.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IDE controlled / RAID card issue Suse 9.2

I just built a new box to run Suse, and I guess I shoud have spent more time researching the HCL. Anyway, the Promise RAID card I have will not work, and I am unable to install the OS. The only other IDE devide in the box is a DVDOM. I can only think of 2 options, but would appreciate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display SUSE desktop?

Hi, can someone tell me how to display SUSE graphical desktop (xterm, xstart or smth),? thx d. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire v210 display card

hi all, how can install a display card on a sun fire v210. regards. marcel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelious
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Nvidia grahics card enormous display in RHEL 6.4

Hi to all, I have RHEL 6.4 and NVIDIA GeForce 210 graphics card. After disabling nouveau and installing driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-319.17.run display is enormous. I did like this :- # cd /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau # mv nouveau.ko nouveau.ko.bak # cd /boot #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulvishwa
3 Replies

6. SuSE

Help in display unsuccessful login in SUSE Linux

hi i want to enable details of previous successful/ unsuccessful login on screen after successful login in SUSE linux ---------- Post updated 01-17-15 at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was 01-16-15 at 11:37 PM ---------- hi guys please reply (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Idea
1 Replies
EX(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     EX(4)

NAME
ex -- Ethernet device driver for the Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+ SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ex Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ex_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ex driver provides support for Ethernet adapters based on the Intel i82595 chip. On the ISA bus, the card will be searched for in the I/O address range 0x200 - 0x3a0. The IRQ will be read from the EEPROM on the card. For correct operation Plug-N-Play support should be disabled. On the PC Card bus, the card will be automatically recognized and configured. HARDWARE
The ex driver supports the following Ethernet adapters: o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 ISA o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA o Olicom OC2220 Ethernet PC Card o Olicom OC2232 Ethernet/Modem PC Card o Silicom Ethernet LAN PC Card o Silicom EtherSerial LAN PC Card DIAGNOSTICS
ex%d: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10, address %6D, connector %s The device probe found an installed card, and was able to correctly install the device driver. ex%d: WARNING: board's EEPROM is configured for IRQ %d, using %d The device probe detected that the board is configured for a different interrupt than the one specified in the kernel configuration file. ex%d: invalid IRQ. The device probe detected an invalid IRQ setting. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The ex device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
The ex device driver was written by Javier Martin Rueda. The PC Card attachment was written by Mitsuru ISAWAKI and Warner Losh. This manual page was written by David E. O'Brien. BUGS
Currently the driver does not support multicast. The Silicom EtherSerial card's serial port does not currently work. The Olicom OC2232 PC Card should work with the ex driver, but is cur- rently completely broken. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD