Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with execvp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with execvp Post 92007 by blowtorch on Wednesday 7th of December 2005 06:31:15 AM
Old 12-07-2005
There is a problem with the way that you have called the exec syscall. Syntax is incorrect. For the correct syntax, check the man page.
Anyways, is the args variable always gonna be null? If so, call the exec as:
Code:
execl("/home2/xyz/app1.exe","app1.exe",0);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

execvp and execlp?

Hi mates, Is there any difference between execvp and execlp? any comment will be appreciated. abdul:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdul
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execv () vs execvp ()

what's the difference between the two? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurleyint1386
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execvp:ar:Arg list too long -> while linking

I get this error : execvp:ar:Arg list too long when i am trying to link the .obj files created on unix box. Any resolution to this? Thanks Mohit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohitp
1 Replies

4. Programming

after executing execvp()... program hangs up

Hi , I m actually trying to implement pipes program,but after executing the execvp(),my program is getting hanged up :mad: Actaully i m getting the desired output expected from execvp()...but once results are displayed on the output screen ,program is getting hanged up values of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crab
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

build - make -gmake: execvp: mcu: Permission denied

Hi All, sorry it was application related.. i am deleting it Thanks & Regards Shihab (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

6. AIX

gmake[1]: execvp: /bin/sh: Arg list too long

I am having a code which will create archive after build. Ibuild code on IBM AIX 5.3. It supposed to create 2 archive after build. I am getting 1st archive successfully but when build starts for second archive after some processing it throws an following error message- ar cq... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to use a execvp-call to do "grep PATH"?

Hello! I am learning how to use the function execvp. I have read through the UNIX manual. I have a process. I run execvp and I command it to do “printenv”. It works fine. Before I do the execvp-call I pipe STDOUT to go to a specific pipe. After that I restore STDOUT. I read that pipe in another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersbranderud
2 Replies

8. Programming

If I malloc my parameters, then fork and execvp, where do I free them?

Hi, I do the following: i) malloc some parameter structures ii) fork iii) in the child, I call execvp using these parameters obviously, here I can never free() the structures as execvp should not return iiii) I am currently doing waitpid in parent then freeing, but this does not seem to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: misha680
1 Replies

9. Programming

Execvp with arguments

Hi, I'm trying to build my own little shell as an exercise. I want to run emacs from my shell so I'm using execvp() command. The problem is when I run it with arguments at background (e.g "emacs file1 &") it stays "hung" (I don't get the prompt back) while without arguments it runs ok ("emacs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rap_master
1 Replies

10. Programming

Fork and Execvp Not Executing Bash Commands From C correctly.

I had been looking at page 75 of this online book: http://richard.esplins.org/static/downloads/linux_book.pdf I've used the system function in C to call bash commands before, but wanted to learn this way too. The solution in the book worked perfectly. However, I tried changing the simple "ls -l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
3 Replies
iwidgets::pushbutton(1) 					  [incr Widgets]					   iwidgets::pushbutton(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
iwidgets::pushbutton - Create and manipulate a push button widget SYNOPSIS
iwidgets::pushbutton pathName ?options? INHERITANCE
itk::Widget <- iwidgets::Pushbutton STANDARD OPTIONS
activeBackground activeForeground background bitmap borderWidth command cursor disabledForeground font foreground highlightBackground highlightColor highlightThickness image padX padY state text underline wrapLength See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Name: defaultRing Class: DefaultRing Command-Line Switch: -defaultring Boolean describing whether the button displays its default ring given in any of the forms acceptable to Tcl_GetBoolean. The default is false. Name: defaultRingPad Class: Pad Command-Line Switch: -defaultringpad Specifies the amount of space to be allocated to the indentation of the default ring ring given in any of the forms acceptable to Tcl_GetPixels. The option has no effect if the defaultring option is set to false. The default is 2 pixels. Name: height Class: Height Command-Line Switch: -height Specifies the height of the button inclusive of any default ring given in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPixels. A value of zero lets the push button determine the height based on the requested height plus highlightring and defaultringpad. Name: width Class: Width Command-Line Switch: -width Specifies the width of the button inclusive of any default ring given in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPixels. A value of zero lets the push button determine the width based on the requested width plus highlightring and defaultringpad. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The iwidgets::pushbutton command creates a push button with an optional default ring used for default designation and traversal. METHODS
The iwidgets::pushbutton command creates a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for pushbutton widgets: ASSOCIATED METHODS
flash invoke See the "button" manual entry for details on the associated methods. WIDGET-SPECIFIC METHODS pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwid- gets::pushbutton command. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::pushbutton command. COMPONENTS
Name: pushbutton Class: Button The pushbutton component is the button surrounded by the optional default ring. See the "button" widget manual entry for details on the pushbutton component item. EXAMPLE
package require Iwidgets 4.0 iwidgets::pushbutton .pb -text "Hello" -command {puts "Hello World"} -defaultring 1 pack .pb -padx 10 -pady 10 AUTHOR
Bret A. Schuhmacher Mark L. Ulferts KEYWORDS
pushbutton, widget Tk iwidgets::pushbutton(1)