Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find union of two files Post 91998 by pixelbeat on Wednesday 7th of December 2005 05:16:48 AM
Old 12-07-2005
I think what your saying is output the contents of
file1 that are not in file2...

export LANG=C #for speed
sort input1.txt input2.txt input2.txt | uniq -u

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

union of two files

Given two files of the same format (For example number1|text1|number2) what is the command to print lines in file1 which do not occur in file2? diff command seems a bit complicated for me for this purpose. Please help!! Thank you very much. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherkaner
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text files union

How can i union two files that each of them contain text to one new file in unix shell scripting or in awk scripting language? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: union regions

Hi all, I have difficulty to solve the followign problem. mydata: StartPoint EndPoint 22 55 2222 2230 33 66 44 58 222 240 11 25 22 60 33 45 The union of above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Intersection and union of array by hash

Hi, A piece of script from Perl-cookbook I do not understand, and post here for explanation. The purpose is to find the element in either array (union), and in both array (intersection). Thank you in advance. @a=qw(1 3 5 6 7 8); @b=qw(2 3 5 7 9); foreach $e (@a, @b) {$union{$e}++ &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

7. Programming

GDB and GCC union

My concept may sound a bit cryptic but I what some startup information as to how we can use GDB APIs / debugging techniques in programs with GCC when we compile the program. We can definitely tell gcc to link GDB libs also. The ultimate aid would be that when the compiled programs executes it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

8. Programming

Event driven programming / epoll / typedef union / session data array

Sorry for the “word salad” subject, but I wanted to cast a wide net for help. I've created an IP (Internet Protocol) server which serves HTTP, SMTP, and FTP requests. As you probably know, they all require creating a socket, listening on it, accepting connections, and then having a short... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to find a word from list of files

I need to find a word '% Retail by State' in the folder /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation. When I tried like below, -bash-4.1$ cd /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation -bash-4.1$ find ./ -name % Retail by State find: paths must precede expression: Retail Usage: find ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
10 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)