Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Want to copy all printers to a different serv Post 91995 by markdr011 on Wednesday 7th of December 2005 04:32:11 AM
Old 12-07-2005
Want to copy all printers to a different serv

Hi,
We have a Disaster Recovery machine , seperate to our main server.
How can I copy all the printer info from our "live" machine to the DR machine.

If we then lose our main server , we could still be able to print from a DR machine if needed.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printers

I'm in need of finding out on how to mount and dismount printers. Thx, shawnnee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shawnnee
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question Regarding Printers

I havve a printer directly connected to the network point with no host computer . Can this printer be configured on a Unix machine . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabled printers

How does or what makes a printer go into a disabled state? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsb0
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Printers Question

Is there a limit on how many printers you can have configured in Solaris? The reason I ask is we use RF printers for the software we run and have added 52 of these printers the problem is that I need to add about another 50 and its like we have hit a limit at 52 it wont let us add anymore. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usb printers

Hey guys!! I just had changed my server and the new one does not have a parallel port, only usb, and I donīt know how to make a usb printer work. Iīm using sco openserver 5.0.7 Someone can help me? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proyesa
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Printers question...

Hi there... I have a question for those who mess with printers in hpnpl\jetadmin... what's the differance bitween local printer queue and remote printer queue and why for adding a remote queue i need to restart my spooler while for a local queue i dont... thanx for the help! Eliraz. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy printers to new server

Hi, I want to setup printers in a SUN solaris server named B I have the list of my printers in old server (SUN solaris) named A Can I copy the cofiguration without one by one registering all printer from server A to server B. If can, how to do that (what command or what files should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sil_123
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to copy printers from Sol8 box to Sol10 box-No luck so far

I need to copy the printers currently installed on a Sol8 box to a Sol10 box. I tried copying the printers.conf file from the Sol8 box and that worked until I went through the file and changed the server name to that of the Sol10 box. Another post on this forum suggested copying the entire... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: todis
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Help, my printers have disappeared

Hi all I have a really strange situation. This morning I ran lpstat -p and it didn't return any results. I ran lpstat -t and the scheduler is running. How strange, it seems all the printers have disappeared from my server. Can anyone perhaps explain to me how this is possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-Mapping Printers.

Hi we have a situation where some printers are on a server that sometimes has to be rebooted. If this happens the Unix boxes we have that are referencing the printers in the vfstab file fail to work even when the print server is brought back up. Does anyone know if it would be possible to put... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hadleyshope
0 Replies
enable(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)