Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hardrive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers hardrive Post 9190 by macdonto on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 06:16:51 PM
Old 10-23-2001
linux redhat 7.1
e2fsck -v to format
drive seagate 40 gig hardrive.
and i am using the applet to view how much usable disk there is

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Replacing hardrive on solaris

I have a problem with my Solaris box in my office, the storage capacity reach 95%. For that i need to think a way to replace the hard drive with the bigger one as all the slot was used. Do any of you guys have similar experience with me, please give any enlightment! Thanks a lot guys. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockie
3 Replies

2. Solaris

External Hardrive add on's

Does anyone know if and or how you can add external hardrives to Sun Solaris 9 or greater systems. Needing to add two additional dedicated storage drives for large image files and mount these drives to the system. Will also need to mirror these two drives for redundancy. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Partitioning a new Hardrive

What is the command to partition a completely new hard drive using red hat linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blend
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Hardrive Spliter.

I am running Linux - Debian on my harddrive at present and i want to split the remainder of my hardrive into another portion so that i can install windows on it. What is the best way to go about this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syco__
5 Replies
mzip(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   mzip(1)

Name
       mzip - change protection mode and eject disk on Zip/Jaz drive

Note of warning
       This  manpage  has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation, and may not be entirely accurate or complete.  See the
       end of this man page for details.

Description
       The mzip command is used to issue ZIP disk specific commands on Linux, Solaris or HP-UX. Its syntax is:

mzip [-epqrwx]

Mzip allows the following command line options:

e      Ejects the disk.

f      Force eject even if the disk is mounted (must be given in addition to -e).

r      Write protect the disk.

w      Remove write protection.

p      Password write protect.

x      Password protect

u      Temporarily unprotect the disk until it is ejected.  The disk becomes writable, and reverts back to its old state when ejected.

q      Queries the status

To remove the password, set it to one of the password-less modes -r or -w: mzip will then ask you for the password, and	unlock	the  disk.
       If you have forgotten the password, you can get rid of it by low-level formatting the disk (using your SCSI adapter's BIOS setup).

The  ZipTools  disk  shipped with the drive is also password protected.	On MS-DOS or on a Mac, this password is automatically removed once
       the ZipTools have been installed.  From various articles posted to Usenet, I learned that the password for the tools  disk  is  APlaceForY-
       ourStuff.   Mzip  knows	about  this  password, and tries it first, before prompting you for a password.  Thus mzip -w z: unlocks the tools
       disk.  The tools disk is formatted in a special way so as to be usable both in a PC and in a Mac.  On a PC, the Mac file system appears	as
       a hidden file named `partishn.mac'.  You may erase it to reclaim the 50 Megs of space taken up by the Mac file system.

Bugs
       This  command  is a big kludge.	A proper implementation would take a rework of significant parts of mtools, but unfortunately I don't have
       the time for this right now. The main downside of this implementation is that it is inefficient on some architectures  (several	successive
       calls to mtools, which defeats mtools' caching).

See Also
       Mtools' texinfo doc

Viewing the texi doc
       This  manpage  has  been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only approximative, and some
       items, such as crossreferences, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate repre-
       sentation  in  the manpage format.  Moreover, not all information has been translated into the manpage version.	Thus I strongly advise you
       to use the original texinfo doc.  See the end of this manpage for instructions how to view the texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips mtools.dvi

*      To generate a html copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A premade html can be found at `http://www.gnu.org/software/mtools/manual/mtools.html'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as html.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due  to  the
       quoting conventions used in info.

mtools-4.0.13							      28Feb10								   mzip(1)