Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How To Add Attachment to Mail Post 91883 by lesstjm on Tuesday 6th of December 2005 09:49:08 AM
Old 12-06-2005
How To Add Attachment to Mail

I have a shell script that executes and sends out an email. Currently I cat out a report into the body of the email.

mailx -s "My Report: ${ORACLE_SID} ($FILEDATE)" \
myemail@us.com < ${LOG_DIR}/${ORACLE_SID}_audit.log

Is there a way to just attach the report to the email instead? I want to attach ${LOG_DIR}/${ORACLE_SID}_audit.log instead of cat into the body of the email.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail attachment

This question has been asked many time before. I did search other questions. But was not able to work out. Really sorry for repeating the same question. I have mail and mailx and sendmail installed. It Tried this uuencode FILENAME.txt FILENAME.txt | mail mymail@yahoo.com the attachment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushrut
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending attachment thru a mail

Is there any way we can send file attachemnts through mails from a unix server. Does the 'mail' command have such an option ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail with attachment

Hi, I am facing an issue while sending a mail from unix with attachment.the issue is i am able to send a mail with attachment but...after receiving the mail if u see that the text is continous though it was line by line in original.. UUENCODE is the cmd i am using... plz help me in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: param786
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi , I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment with unix mail

Hi Could someone help me with the details on how to send an attachment through mail in unix. I have an html file in my unix machine and I want this to be send to some mail id, plese help with the steps. Regards Ajay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarboyana
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Attachment...

Hi All, I am new to unix. I have written the script to identify the delimiter count for my source file and the output I have to capture in another file and that file should sent to mail with attachment. I have tried to send the attachment with below script . But I am not able to do that. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting mail with no Attachment

Hi All, my requirement send a mail with attachment a abc.txt file. below is the shell script. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x #DIR=/appldata/download/mail MAILTO="krupa.behera@kk.com" SUBJECT="Report" BODY="Hi All," ATTACH=/projects/psoft/hrdw/pushreports/crons/temp_out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment

Hi, I want to send an attachment and content in a single mail using unix command can anyone pls help me? Thanks Naveen A (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
6 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Log::Dispatch::Email(3)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email - Base class for objects that send log messages via email SYNOPSIS
package Log::Dispatch::Email::MySender use Log::Dispatch::Email; use base qw( Log::Dispatch::Email ); sub send_email { my $self = shift; my %p = @_; # Send email somehow. Message is in $p{message} } DESCRIPTION
This module should be used as a base class to implement Log::Dispatch::* objects that send their log messages via email. Implementing a subclass simply requires the code shown in the SYNOPSIS with a real implementation of the "send_email()" method. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor takes the following parameters in addition to the standard parameters documented in Log::Dispatch::Output: o subject ($) The subject of the email messages which are sent. Defaults to "$0: log email" o to ($ or @) Either a string or a list reference of strings containing email addresses. Required. o from ($) A string containing an email address. This is optional and may not work with all mail sending methods. o buffered (0 or 1) This determines whether the object sends one email per message it is given or whether it stores them up and sends them all at once. The default is to buffer messages. METHODS
o send_email(%p) This is the method that must be subclassed. For now the only parameter in the hash is 'message'. o flush If the object is buffered, then this method will call the "send_email()" method to send the contents of the buffer and then clear the buffer. o DESTROY On destruction, the object will call "flush()" to send any pending email. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.12.1 2009-09-22 Log::Dispatch::Email(3)