Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: getting time in mili seconds
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers getting time in mili seconds Post 91860 by vino on Tuesday 6th of December 2005 07:22:56 AM
Old 12-06-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhups
need to get timestamp with millisecond in UNIX. Date command gives Year,month day, hour,minute and second but it does not give millisecond.
As I understand, you need a timestamp with millisecond precision.

Works with GNU date.

Code:
sh-2.05b$ cat bhups.ksh
#! /bin/ksh
epoch=$(date +%F-%l-%M-%S-)$(( $(date +%N) / 1000000 ))
echo $epoch
sh-2.05b$ ./bhups.ksh 
2005-12-06- 4-22-35-195

vino

Last edited by vino; 12-06-2005 at 08:28 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display time in minutes n seconds...

Hi all, may i know how to display time in minutes and seconds(may be milliseconds and even smaller that ) in shell scripts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Time Difference in seconds

It is required to calculate time difference in seconds between epoch time (19700101 00:00:00) and any given date time (e.g. 20010214 14:30:30). Is there any command in unix to get it? Thanks in adv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k_bijitesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Real time of a clock for every 60 seconds in unix

hi can any one guide me on how to display real time of a clock in unix for every 60 seconds (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnadh_babu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation time in seconds

Hi All, Cany any one help me in solving this.. Problem statement: I have a requirement to find the time from which there are no files created in a given directory. For this I am assuming that I need to get the file creation time in seconds, then the current time in seconds using `date +%s`.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chary
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference in seconds

date1=$(date +"%H:%M:%S") date2=$(date +"01:00:54") diff=$date2-$date1 echo $diff How to get the time difference in seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Current Time in Seconds Perl

hi guys, i need to know how to get the current date/time in seconds and i want to be able to do this in a one liner. like say for instance, if want to get what the time is right now, i'll issue a command like this: ## perl -e ' print scalar(localtime(time + 0)), "\n"' Tue Jul 13 17:45:50... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Elapsed time in seconds in awk

I am trying to get the ellapsed time in seconds in the body of the awk script. I use unix date to get the time. It works in BEGIN {} but not in the body {} of awk. Any ideas? $ cat a BEGIN { "date +%s" | getline x print x } { "date +%s" | getline y print y } $ echo "one line" |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturas123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get how much time process has been running in seconds

I use this command to get the time elapsed for a process ps -eo pid,pcpu,pmem,user,args,etime,cmd --sort=start_time | grep perl It gives in format 19990 0.0 0.0 user /usr/bin/php 5-09:58:51 /usr/bin/php I need in seconds. Please use CODE tags for sample input and output as well... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time in seconds on AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody again i Need your help, i wasting hours but can't find a solutuin for my Problem. I am not an expert with AIX script programming. I have a csh script and i need the time in seconds but since i have an old AIX the Option -%s doesnot exist with the date command. I seach in Google... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting seconds to time

I have a list of time spans in seconds, and want to compute the time span as hh:mm:nn I am coding in bash and have coded the following. However, the results are wrong as "%.0f" rounds the values. Example: ftm: 25793.5 tmspan(hrs,min,sec): 7.16 429.89 25793.50 hh: 7 mm: 10 ss:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
AUPARSE_GET_TIMESTAMP(3)					  Linux Audit API					  AUPARSE_GET_TIMESTAMP(3)

NAME
auparse_get_timestamp - access timestamp of the event SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> const au_event_t *auparse_get_timestamp(auparse_state_t *au); DESCRIPTION
auparse_get_timestamp provides an accessor function for the event's timestamp data structure. The data structure is as follows: typedef struct { time_t sec; // Event seconds unsigned int milli; // millisecond of the timestamp unsigned long serial; // Serial number of the event const char *host; // Machine's node name } au_event_t; RETURN VALUE
Returns NULL if an error occurs; otherwise, a valid pointer to the data. SEE ALSO
auparse_get_time(3), auparse_get_milli(3), auparse_get_serial(3), auparse_get_node(3), auparse_timestamp_compare(3). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Sept 2007 AUPARSE_GET_TIMESTAMP(3)