Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: getting time in mili seconds
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers getting time in mili seconds Post 91825 by blowtorch on Tuesday 6th of December 2005 02:37:54 AM
Old 12-06-2005
Welcome to the forums. Please search the forums before asking questions as many questions have already been answered before. Here is a post that will give you the time in microseconds. You can easily convert that to milliseconds.

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display time in minutes n seconds...

Hi all, may i know how to display time in minutes and seconds(may be milliseconds and even smaller that ) in shell scripts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Time Difference in seconds

It is required to calculate time difference in seconds between epoch time (19700101 00:00:00) and any given date time (e.g. 20010214 14:30:30). Is there any command in unix to get it? Thanks in adv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k_bijitesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Real time of a clock for every 60 seconds in unix

hi can any one guide me on how to display real time of a clock in unix for every 60 seconds (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnadh_babu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation time in seconds

Hi All, Cany any one help me in solving this.. Problem statement: I have a requirement to find the time from which there are no files created in a given directory. For this I am assuming that I need to get the file creation time in seconds, then the current time in seconds using `date +%s`.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chary
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference in seconds

date1=$(date +"%H:%M:%S") date2=$(date +"01:00:54") diff=$date2-$date1 echo $diff How to get the time difference in seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Current Time in Seconds Perl

hi guys, i need to know how to get the current date/time in seconds and i want to be able to do this in a one liner. like say for instance, if want to get what the time is right now, i'll issue a command like this: ## perl -e ' print scalar(localtime(time + 0)), "\n"' Tue Jul 13 17:45:50... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Elapsed time in seconds in awk

I am trying to get the ellapsed time in seconds in the body of the awk script. I use unix date to get the time. It works in BEGIN {} but not in the body {} of awk. Any ideas? $ cat a BEGIN { "date +%s" | getline x print x } { "date +%s" | getline y print y } $ echo "one line" |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturas123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get how much time process has been running in seconds

I use this command to get the time elapsed for a process ps -eo pid,pcpu,pmem,user,args,etime,cmd --sort=start_time | grep perl It gives in format 19990 0.0 0.0 user /usr/bin/php 5-09:58:51 /usr/bin/php I need in seconds. Please use CODE tags for sample input and output as well... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time in seconds on AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody again i Need your help, i wasting hours but can't find a solutuin for my Problem. I am not an expert with AIX script programming. I have a csh script and i need the time in seconds but since i have an old AIX the Option -%s doesnot exist with the date command. I seach in Google... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting seconds to time

I have a list of time spans in seconds, and want to compute the time span as hh:mm:nn I am coding in bash and have coded the following. However, the results are wrong as "%.0f" rounds the values. Example: ftm: 25793.5 tmspan(hrs,min,sec): 7.16 429.89 25793.50 hh: 7 mm: 10 ss:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
COMM(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   COMM(1)

NAME
comm -- select or reject lines common to two files SYNOPSIS
comm [-123i] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The comm utility reads file1 and file2, which should be sorted lexically, and produces three text columns as output: lines only in file1; lines only in file2; and lines in both files. The filename ``-'' means the standard input. The following options are available: -1 Suppress printing of column 1, lines only in file1. -2 Suppress printing of column 2, lines only in file2. -3 Suppress printing of column 3, lines common to both. -i Case insensitive comparison of lines. Each column will have a number of tab characters prepended to it equal to the number of lower numbered columns that are being printed. For example, if column number two is being suppressed, lines printed in column number one will not have any tabs preceding them, and lines printed in column number three will have one. The comm utility assumes that the files are lexically sorted; all characters participate in line comparisons. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of comm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The comm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sort(1), uniq(1) STANDARDS
The comm utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). The -i option is an extension to the POSIX standard. HISTORY
A comm command appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
December 12, 2009 BSD