Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg :Executing a script through GUI . Post 91711 by shyam.appalla on Monday 5th of December 2005 03:51:07 AM
Old 12-05-2005
Reg :Executing a script through GUI .

Hi ,

Can we run shell scripts by calling them through a GUI , so that even a New comer can run them by just clicking on them . We have around 100 Scheduled scripts and we have cornered on some 20 scripts that should be called through a GUI .

How can this be achieved ?

Thanks in anticipation !
---------------------------------------

Date 12-Dec -2005

Hi ,

May be I was short in explaining my requirement . Well , the requirement is as follows :

We have some processes running 24*7 .If by mistake the process stops we have scripts which notify us that the process has stopped .Now the problem is that we do not have 24*7 support .So if the process stops after 9PM it will not re start till 9AM , thereby creating lot of backlog . Now to fight with this situation we are palnning to handover this acticvity to a seperate team whicg sits 24*7.

For this we need to provide them aceess to our servers( which we do not want to ) . So , we are planning to develop a small application though which they can run the required scripts instead of logging to our servers . Now how do we do this is the question ?

Someone please reply ! One of us should have an answer to this .

Shyam.

Last edited by shyam.appalla; 12-12-2005 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: No replies as yet !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reg script command....

hi frnds, i need all ur help guys.. I am facing problem when i give script < file name> command whenever i give this command,i get an error message indicating "Openpty failed. Terminated" :confused: can u help me out... with regds, Deep (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reg no of instances of a script run using cron

I have the below code in a file called test.ksh and it is scheduled using cron forevery 5 min. when i see the cron out file for every 5 min it showing the no of process running are 2. same thing when i implement in another script which contains other code along with the below code , it showing as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamesh83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Shell script ran using informatica

Hi all, I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question...:) I am working in Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1 tool and my server is on UNIX. I have got a shell script to copy files from one folder to another. When I run the script directly from UNIX prompt it is taking 60... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a script through GUI

Hi I'm facing a situation where we need to restrict commandline access to Unix server. But there are some scripts that needs to be executed. I need to execute a script with double-click or something like that without having command-line access. I appreciate your thoughts on this. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snvijaysankar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg sftp in shell script

Hi, I want to retrieve files from an sftp site and place it a directory in unix server. When I try to connect, it is asking password even if i hardcode it in the script.I want to automate the script. Could anyone tell me how to avoid password prompt. #!/bin/sh # sample automatic ftp script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhya_vec
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script reg-exp , replace , open and write

Hi All I am a new in scripting language and I would like help for you guys I would like to create a file named constant.h and search into all files *.m in specific directory for a reg-exp @"LBL_]+" exp: @"LBL_75847" , and write those matchs to constant.h if there are not written (no... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: molwiko
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - coloring reg. expressions in text

Hi all, is there anyone good at bash who will help me? I need to use syntax ${string/pattern/replacement} The problematic part where I am stuck is: #!bin/bash text="A cat is on a mat." exp="cat" newexp="SOMECODEcatSOMECODE" newtext=${${text}/${exp}/${newexp}} == > ERROR "wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyM77
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg - Working on a CSV File in a script

Dear All, I have 2 CSV files and want to create a new CSV based on a common value in both of the CSV file. ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Client 1 XXXXX Server A Client 2 XXXXX Server B Client 3 XXXXX Server C 2nd CSV file ColumnA CloumnB Server A value... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
14 Replies

10. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)				      General Commands Manual				       NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)

NAME
nautilus-scripts-manager - easy tool for nautilus scripts management SYNOPSIS
nautilus-scripts-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nautilus-scripts-manager command. nautilus-scripts-manager is a program that allows any user to easily manage installed Nautilus scripts. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. COMMANDS
One (and only one) of the following commands can be passed: -e, --enable=ENABLE Enable script ENABLE. -d, --disable=DISABLE Disable script DISABLE. -l, --list-enabled List enabled scripts. -a, --list-available List available scripts. If no command is provided, the graphical interface is started. OPTIONS
-e, --position=POSITION In conjunction with -e or -d: establish the position of the script (can be just a name, or a path with slashes - quote it if it con- tains spaces). SEE ALSO
nautilus(1), AUTHOR
nautilus-scripts-manager and this manual page were written by Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it>. This manual page was written for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 14, 2009 NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)