Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hardrive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers hardrive Post 9171 by Kelam_Magnus on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 01:50:31 PM
Old 10-23-2001
disk space

You are going to have to give us more info to help you.

Is this on a Linux or UNIX system?
What is the Operating System and version?
What disk tools do you have Veritas (SUN, HPUX), LVM Manager (HPUX), or some other one?
Have you configured any other large disks on your system?

Any other info would help a lot.

Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Replacing hardrive on solaris

I have a problem with my Solaris box in my office, the storage capacity reach 95%. For that i need to think a way to replace the hard drive with the bigger one as all the slot was used. Do any of you guys have similar experience with me, please give any enlightment! Thanks a lot guys. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockie
3 Replies

2. Solaris

External Hardrive add on's

Does anyone know if and or how you can add external hardrives to Sun Solaris 9 or greater systems. Needing to add two additional dedicated storage drives for large image files and mount these drives to the system. Will also need to mirror these two drives for redundancy. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Partitioning a new Hardrive

What is the command to partition a completely new hard drive using red hat linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blend
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Hardrive Spliter.

I am running Linux - Debian on my harddrive at present and i want to split the remainder of my hardrive into another portion so that i can install windows on it. What is the best way to go about this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syco__
5 Replies
LVMDISKSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    LVMDISKSCAN(8)

NAME
lvmdiskscan - scan for all disks / multiple devices / partitions available SYNOPSIS
lvmdiskscan [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-l|--lvmpartitions] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
To give an overview about online peripherals usable to LVM, lvmdiskscan scans all SCSI, (E)IDE disks, multiple, loop and network block devices in the system and lists them on standard output with name, size and type (text/hex). The size is the real device size, not the size stored in the VGDA (See pvcreate(8) ) for details. OPTIONS -d/--debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -l, --lvmpartition Gives an overview about all LVM system identified partitions only. -v, --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about lvmdiskscan's activities. DIAGNOSTICS
lvmdiskscan returns an exit code of 0, if disks / multiple devices / partitions where found and > 0 for error: 1 no special files found 2 no disks / multiple devices / disk partitions found 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line See also lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvdisplay(8), pvscan(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS LVMDISKSCAN(8)