Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dump Command in Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dump Command in Linux Post 9168 by syedifti on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 01:25:20 PM
Old 10-23-2001
Dump Command in Linux

Can anybody tell me please how to use the "dump" command in Linux command.
dump -0u /destination /sourcefile or device file.
Please correct me.
-regards
-Iftikhar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command

For ufsdump you type in a "dump level". The man command mentions levels 0-9 and gives examples. Can anyone define what each level refers to? What does a level 0 dump mean? What is a level 9 dump? What are the differences? Thanks in advance:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Patman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command

Hi all, I am using embedded linux with my own RFS. But I want to use the dump command to try and solve some errors, but I don't know in wich package I can find the dump command. I hope someone can help me. With kind regards, Jurrian Dubbeldam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jurrian
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command fault

im performing the dump command : dump 0uaf /dev/hdc /home an error msg appers says: DUMP: you cant update the dumpdates file while dumping a subdirectory DUMP: the entire dump is aborted can anyone help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: semosam
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to figure out a log dump command

Ok so i'm relatively new at UNIX and I'm trying to figure out how to make a log dump command. My situation is a bit odd in that I'm always looking at customers boxes and as such I can't really do much to them. So everything I do in UNIX pretty much has to be a command I can type in by hand. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

analyze linux crash dump

Can anybody let me know the steps how can I produce a crash dump and then analyze it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a command to close a program with dump?

I'm running into some problems using pkill in my scripts. I'm using a program that needs to dump. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjaaron
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to open the core dump file in linux?

Hi, I have got core dump stating "core.bash.29846" so i am unable to open. How to open the core dump file for further analysis? Reagards Vanitha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
7 Replies

8. Linux

Thread specific data from linux core dump

How do i get pointer to thread's local storage or thread specific data while analyzing core dump for linux ? i use pthread_setspecific to store some data in the pthread's local stoare. my multi threaded program on linux crashed, and i want to see what is stored in current running thread's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasungal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learn Linux Core Dump Analysis

Can any body provide me some good link to learn to create and analyze linux user mode application / kernel module core dumps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Core Dump of a process in Red Hat Linux 5.9

Hello All, I am new joiner of this forum.I am new to Linux shell scripting. At present I have identified 1 application which stalls very frequently (PID is say xyz) and I am not having much information in its application log to identify the root cause of stalling. I need to take the core dump... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
19 Replies
QUOTARESTORE(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   QUOTARESTORE(8)

NAME
quotarestore -- restore dumped quota information to a file system volume SYNOPSIS
quotarestore [-d] file-system [dump-file] DESCRIPTION
The quotarestore program restores dumped quota information to a file system. The file dump-file should be in the format produced with quotadump(8). The quotas, expiration times, and configured grace times listed in the dump file are loaded into the named file system. The file-system argument should be a file or directory on the (mounted) file system, not a device special file. If the -d option is given, quota entries on the file system that are not mentioned in the dump file will be deleted. Otherwise, they are left alone. If the dump-file is not specified, standard input is used. SEE ALSO
quota(1), libquota(3), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotadump(8) HISTORY
The quotarestore command appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
February 11, 2012 BSD