Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to output the results of the AT command - properly! Post 91662 by SpanishPassion on Sunday 4th of December 2005 05:03:40 PM
Old 12-04-2005
No it did not work actually

I am getting "too many ('s" error now.

The other issue is that is sends the output to the MAIL box and not to the file I specified in the redirection. And this is even without the "at -m" option.

Please help!

Last edited by SpanishPassion; 12-04-2005 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Mistake in wording

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise.

On AIX 5.3 host, the lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise. This is happening on one particular host and the call works fine on another host. Is this a known issue and is there any patch available for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in my shell isn't showing properly.

Hi! Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my shell script? for dt_val in `cut -f 1 -d '|' /prod/ods/satyaki/sqlldr/grp.dat` do echo $dt_val done And, the output is - 23 39 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakide
7 Replies

3. Solaris

not getting the output properly

i am entering the command, not get the total out put see the output what i am getting. SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl ('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') FROM DUAL; DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn: How to zero fill df output so it will sort properly

I'm looking for a way in Korn shell to zero fill (or space fill) the output from df so that it will sort properly. "Raw" output from df -k: df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 4131866 3593302 497246 88% / /proc ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of AWK Results

In the following line The AWK statement parses through a listing for files and outputs the results using the {print} command to the screen. Is there a way to (a) send the output to a file and (b) actually perform a cp cmd to copy the listed files to another directory? ls | awk -va=$a -vb=$b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdburg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command is not working properly

Hi, in my script, i take the last month by a=$(date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m) i expect that it give me in this month "March" as result 201402, but linux gave me 201403. IMPe@ABC123:> ~/date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m 201403 i'm reasonably confused. Any idea? Thanks in advance, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Always output 6 columns regardless of search results

If I am searching for AA then then BB in a loop, how do I make the output always contain 6 columns of comma separated data even when there may only be 4 search matches? AA11 AA12 AA13 AA14 BB11 BB12 BB13 BB14 BB15 BB16 Final output: AA11,AA12,AA13,AA14,,,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the return value and get the output to $results

cmd() { echo " " echo "$(whoami)@$(hostname):$(pwd)# $*" results=`eval $*` echo $results } I want to get the eval $* 's return value and pass it to a new variable $val, and get "eval $*" 's the ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command not working properly

This is my sample file cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend When i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt , only the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the results to different output files

Hi All, I am trying a shell script and need your help on taking the results to different output files. I have tried the below code: nawk ' {CNF = (length()-10)/7 printf "%9s", substr ($0, 1, 9) for (i=0; i<=CNF; i++) T = substr ($0, 10+i*7, 7) TMP = 100 - (T + T + T + T + T + T + T + T... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: am24
24 Replies
relaytest(1)						      General Commands Manual						      relaytest(1)

NAME
relaytest - attempt to use SMTP to relay to a DSBL-compliant host SYNOPSIS
relaytest [-v] <ip address[:port]> DESCRIPTION
relaytest attempts to connect to the specified <ip address> on the specified port (default is port 25) and uses a variety of tests to attempt to relay through the host. In the tests below, source.com is sender_domain from dsbl.conf(5) and sender is sender_user. Non-domain-specific tests: MAIL FROM:<sender@source.com> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<sender@source.com> RCPT TO:<"listme@dsbl.org"> MAIL FROM:<sender@source.com> RCPT TO:listme@dsbl.org MAIL FROM:<sender@source.com> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme> MAIL FROM:<nobody> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<nobody> RCPT TO:<"listme@dsbl.org"> MAIL FROM:<nobody> RCPT TO:listme@dsbl.org MAIL FROM:<nobody> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme> MAIL FROM:<source.com!sender> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<source.com!sender> RCPT TO:<"listme@dsbl.org"> MAIL FROM:<source.com!sender> RCPT TO:listme@dsbl.org MAIL FROM:<source.com!sender> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme> MAIL FROM:<> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<> RCPT TO:<"listme@dsbl.org"> MAIL FROM:<> RCPT TO:listme@dsbl.org MAIL FROM:<> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme> relaytest then builds a list of possible domains, including "[127.0.0.1]", "localhost", [<ip address>], and any other domains that can be derived from reverse DNS of the IP or the SMTP greeting. Domain specific tests: MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<"listme@dsbl.org"> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:listme@dsbl.org MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme%dsbl.org@DOMAIN> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme%dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<"listme%dsbl.org"> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org@DOMAIN> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<"listme@dsbl.org"@DOMAIN> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<@DOMAIN:listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme@DOMAIN> MAIL FROM:<DOMAIN!nobody> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme> MAIL FROM:<DOMAIN!nobody> RCPT TO:<dsbl.org!listme@DOMAIN> MAIL FROM:<nobody@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<postmaster@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<administrator@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<sales@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<info@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<webmaster@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> MAIL FROM:<listserv@DOMAIN> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> relaytest then tries a variety of SMTP AUTH methods to try to relay a message through the target server. The envelopes used for these tests are always: MAIL FROM:<sender@source.com> RCPT TO:<listme@dsbl.org> The SMTP AUTH methods tried are as follows: AUTH LOGIN, user=/webmaster, password=(null) AUTH LOGIN, user=admin, password=admin AUTH LOGIN, user=administrator, password=(null) AUTH LOGIN, user=test, password=test AUTH NTLM (anonymous) OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. Details of the SMTP transaction are written to standard output. AUTHOR
Ian Gulliver <ian@penguinhosting.net> SEE ALSO
dsbl.conf(5), spamtrap(1) 2002-04-03 relaytest(1)