Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to output the results of the AT command - properly! Post 91662 by SpanishPassion on Sunday 4th of December 2005 05:03:40 PM
Old 12-04-2005
No it did not work actually

I am getting "too many ('s" error now.

The other issue is that is sends the output to the MAIL box and not to the file I specified in the redirection. And this is even without the "at -m" option.

Please help!

Last edited by SpanishPassion; 12-04-2005 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Mistake in wording

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise.

On AIX 5.3 host, the lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise. This is happening on one particular host and the call works fine on another host. Is this a known issue and is there any patch available for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in my shell isn't showing properly.

Hi! Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my shell script? for dt_val in `cut -f 1 -d '|' /prod/ods/satyaki/sqlldr/grp.dat` do echo $dt_val done And, the output is - 23 39 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakide
7 Replies

3. Solaris

not getting the output properly

i am entering the command, not get the total out put see the output what i am getting. SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl ('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') FROM DUAL; DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn: How to zero fill df output so it will sort properly

I'm looking for a way in Korn shell to zero fill (or space fill) the output from df so that it will sort properly. "Raw" output from df -k: df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 4131866 3593302 497246 88% / /proc ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of AWK Results

In the following line The AWK statement parses through a listing for files and outputs the results using the {print} command to the screen. Is there a way to (a) send the output to a file and (b) actually perform a cp cmd to copy the listed files to another directory? ls | awk -va=$a -vb=$b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdburg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command is not working properly

Hi, in my script, i take the last month by a=$(date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m) i expect that it give me in this month "March" as result 201402, but linux gave me 201403. IMPe@ABC123:> ~/date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m 201403 i'm reasonably confused. Any idea? Thanks in advance, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Always output 6 columns regardless of search results

If I am searching for AA then then BB in a loop, how do I make the output always contain 6 columns of comma separated data even when there may only be 4 search matches? AA11 AA12 AA13 AA14 BB11 BB12 BB13 BB14 BB15 BB16 Final output: AA11,AA12,AA13,AA14,,,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the return value and get the output to $results

cmd() { echo " " echo "$(whoami)@$(hostname):$(pwd)# $*" results=`eval $*` echo $results } I want to get the eval $* 's return value and pass it to a new variable $val, and get "eval $*" 's the ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command not working properly

This is my sample file cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend When i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt , only the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the results to different output files

Hi All, I am trying a shell script and need your help on taking the results to different output files. I have tried the below code: nawk ' {CNF = (length()-10)/7 printf "%9s", substr ($0, 1, 9) for (i=0; i<=CNF; i++) T = substr ($0, 10+i*7, 7) TMP = 100 - (T + T + T + T + T + T + T + T... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: am24
24 Replies
DNTASK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DNTASK(1)

NAME
dntask - Execute VMS command procedures SYNOPSIS
dntask [options] command-procedure Options: [-biVh] [-t timeout] DESCRIPTION
dntask runs command procedures on a remote VMS system. It takes advantage of the ability of the TASK object in DECnet to execute an arbitrary command procedure located in the users' login direc- tory. The remote command procedure should output to SYS$NET rather than SYS$OUTPUT and (if interactive) read it's input also from SYS$NET. The VMS equivalent of the (non-interactive version) command would be TYPE node::"TASK=command-procedure" For some example command procedures see the tasks directory of the source distribution. show_system.com is a non-interactive task that simply displays the output of the VMS "SHOW SYSTEM" command on standard output. interactive.com is an interactive task that allows you to enter DCL commands to be executed on the host VMS system. Be careful which commands you enter because they will expect input to come from the network connection, for instance programs that do screen orientated input or output will almost certainly not work. Task names can be up to 16 characters in length because that's the limit on DECnet object names. OPTIONS
-b Send the output in binary mode. By default the output from the DECnet task is assumed to be records. This option sends the data "as is" so you can put commands like BACKUP in the task and backup to your Linux box. -i Interact with the command procedure. The command procedure must be written to be interactive by reading from and writing to SYS$NET. Specifying -i for a non-interactive command procedure will cause dntask to time-out waiting for input. Not specifying -i for an interactive command procedure will cause it to exit prematurely at the VMS end. -t timeout Specifies the timeout in seconds for interactive command procedures. If no input has been received from either standard input or the VMS end in this time then dntask will exit. The default is 60 seconds. If the value 0 is given then dntask will wait forever (or until you kill it). -T connect timeout Specifies the maximum amount of time the command will wait to establish a connection with the remote node. a 0 here will cause it to wait forever. The default is 60 seconds -h -? Displays help for using the command. -V Show the version of the tools package that dntask comes from. NOTES
The command procedure that you write MUST ALWAYS write something to SYS$NET or you will get a "connection refused" message. This is a limi- tation with DECnet objects. eg. If you write a task to start a remote DECterm it would look something like this: $ remnode=f$element(0, ":", "''f$trnlnm("sys$rem_node")'") $ set display/create/node='remnode' $ create/term/detach $ def/nolog sys$output sys$net $ write sys$output "DECterm started on ''remnode'" $ exit The "write" command near the end is essential. EXAMPLES
dntask 'myvax::show_system' dndir -i 'tramp"christine pjc123"::interactive' dndir -i 'tramp"christine -"::interactive' Specifying "-" in the password field will prompt for the password. SEE ALSO
dntype(1), dndir(1), dncopy(1), dndel(1) DECnet utilities September 25 1998 DNTASK(1)