Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: patchadd/patchrm
Operating Systems Solaris patchadd/patchrm Post 91499 by BOFH on Friday 2nd of December 2005 04:58:30 PM
Old 12-02-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhfrommn
I'm not sure what to do. However, when doing a bit of checking I did find on thing. The patchadd manpage (at least for Sol 10) has a very long list at the end showing the possible error messages as well as workarounds. If you haven't looked at that yet, see if you can find the error message you got when it first failed on that list. Maybe you'll find something useful there.
Heh, believe me, I went through the man pages with a fine toothed comb as well as searching sunforums, this site, linuxquestions (both) and the web in several places. I found some interesting tools to fix little additional problems but nothing that addressed this one in particular.

Thanks for checking it out though.

Carl

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Patchadd error

Hi, I have a Sun fire V280R server and when i updated the kernel patch i got this error. mdb not found: patchadd not safe. /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined symbol 'am_attach' /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined symbol 'am_src2' /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

patchrm problem

Hello, In order to remove a patch, I type following command; # #patchrm 119314-11 and following error message shown on the screen, the patch can not be removed: Cannot find teh backout packages for 119314-11 119314-11 cannot ve backed out. Patchrm is terminating. WARNING: patchrm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
0 Replies

3. Solaris

patchadd fails to apply a patch

Hello, I'm trying to apply the patch on Solaris 9 : $/jac/update$ patchadd ./112945-46 Checking installed patches... One or more patch packages included in 112945-46 are not installed on this system. Patchadd is terminating. The error message is not really talkative so I had a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
7 Replies

4. Solaris

patchadd error

Greetings All- I ran into this problem today and was curious if anyone else had seen it. I am attempting to add patch 137402-02 on a v890 running Sol9. Here's the error I get: #> patchadd 137402-02 Checking installed patches... Verifying sufficient filesystem capacity (dry run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
7 Replies

5. Solaris

patchadd command

# patchadd /Desktop/117837-08.jar Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Done! The following requested patches have packages not installed on the system Package SPROcc from directory SPROcc in patch 117837-08 is... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop help with patchrm Solaris 10

Hello all looking to write a for loop to remove patches in the /var/sadm/patch directory. So far this is what i have: #! /bin/sh cd /var/sadm/patch ls -l | awk '{print $9}' > patches /usr/bin/sort -r patches > patches_r for i in 'cat patches_r' do echo "going to remove... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: caddyjoe77
6 Replies

7. Solaris

patchadd -p ,, basic question

greetings, I am new to solaris, have a basic question. I have to check for patch 137111-04 (as prerequisite) for installing Oracle. # patchadd -p | grep 137111-04 # patchadd -p | grep 137111 Patch: 137137-09 Obsoletes: 120741-01 120986-12 120992-02 121008-02 121274-01 121414-01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mubeenmd
2 Replies

8. Solaris

I am new & I have a question about patchadd in Solaris 11

Hi guys, I am really new to Solaris. My question is about the patching package management. Now I was provided some old packages within that there are hard-coded codes written with commands like "patchadd", so anyway I can make them work with Solaris 11? Cheers! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ethanzhou
8 Replies
MU(1)                                                         General Commands Manual                                                        MU(1)

NAME
mu - a set of tools to deal with Maildirs and message files, in particular to index and search e-mail messages. SYNOPSIS
mu [options] mu index [options] mu find [options] <search expression> mu view <file> [<files>] mu mkdir [options] <dir> [<dirs>] mu extract [options] <file> [<parts>] [<regexp>] mu cfind [options] [<regexp>] DESCRIPTION
mu is a set of tools for dealing with Maildirs and the e-mail messages in them. mus main function is to enable searching of e-mail messages. It does so by periodically scanning a Maildir directory tree and analyzing the e-mail messages found ('indexing'). The results of this analysis are stored in a database, which can then be queried. In addition to indexing and searching, mu also offers functionality for viewing messages, extracting attachments and creating maildirs, and searching and exporting contact information. mu can be used from the command line or can be integrated with various e-mail clients. This manpage gives a general overview of the available commands (index, find, etc.); each of the mu commands has its own man-page as well. COMMANDS
mu offers the following commands: index for indexing (analyzing) the contents of your Maildirs, and storing the information in a database. See mu-index(1) find for finding messages in your database, using certain search parameters. See mu-find(1) cfind for finding contacts (names + e-mail addresses) matching a certain expression, and exporting the results in various formats for use in other programs. mu-cfind(1) view for displaying e-mail messages. See mu-view(1) mkdir for creating Maildirs. See mu-mkdir(1) extract for extract MIME-parts (such as attachments) from messages. See mu-extract(1) COLORS
Some mu sub-commands support colorized output. If you don't want this, you can use the --nocolor/ option to disable it. Even then, colors will only shown when output goes to a sufficiently capable terminal (this roughly mirrors the --color=auto of the GNU-version of the ls- command). Instead of the --color/, you can also set the MU_NOCOLOR environment variable to non-empty to disable colors. Currently, mu find, mu view, mu cfind and mu extract support colors. ENCODING
mu's output is in the current locale, with the exceptions of the output specifically meant for output to UTF8-encoded files. In practice, this means that the output of commands index, view, extract is always encoded according to the current locale. The same is true for find and cfind, with some exceptions, where the output is always UTF-8, regardless of the locale. For cfind the exception is --format=bbdb. This is hard-coded to UTF-8, and as such specified in the output-file, so emacs/bbdb can handle it correctly without guessing. For find the output is encoded according the locale for --format=plain (the default), and UTF-8 for all other formats (json, sexp, xml). DATABASE AND FILE
Commands mu index and find and cfind work with the database, while the other ones work on invidual mail files. Hence, running iew, mkdir and extract does not require the mu database. The various commands are discussed in more detail in their own separate man-pages; here the general options are discussed. OPTIONS
mu offers a number of general options that apply to all commands, including mu without any command. --muhome causes mu to use an alternative directory to store and read its database and logs. By default, ~/.mu is used. -d, --debug makes mu generate extra debug information, useful for debugging the program itself. By default, debug information goes to the log file, ~/.mu/mu.log. It can safely be deleted when mu is not running. When running with --debug option, the log file can grow rather quickly. See the note on logging below. -q, --quiet causes mu not to output informational messages and progress information to standard output, but only to the log file. Error messages will still be sent to standard error. Note that mu index is much faster with --quiet, so it is recommended you use this option when using mu from scripts etc. --log-stderr causes mu to not output log messages to standard error, in addition to sending them to the log file. -v, --version prints mu version and copyright information. -h, --help lists the various command line options, while --help-index, --help-find and --help-all list only the options for respectively the specified command or for all commands. ERROR CODES
The various mu subcommands typically exit with 0 (zero) upon success, and non-zero when some error occured. The table lists the various error codes. exit code | error ----------+------------------------------------------- 1 | MU_ERROR 2 | MU_ERROR_IN_PARAMETERS 3 | MU_ERROR_INTERNAL 4 | MU_ERROR_NO_MATCHES | 11 | MU_ERROR_XAPIAN | 13 | MU_ERROR_XAPIAN_QUERY 14 | MU_ERROR_XAPIAN_DIR_NOT_ACCESSIBLE 15 | MU_ERROR_XAPIAN_NOT_UP_TO_DATE 16 | MU_ERROR_XAPIAN_MISSING_DATA 17 | MU_ERROR_XAPIAN_CORRUPTION 18 | MU_ERROR_XAPIAN_CANNOT_GET_WRITELOCK 30 | MU_ERROR_GMIME | 50 | MU_ERROR_CONTACTS 51 | MU_ERROR_CONTACTS_CANNOT_RETRIEVE | 70 | MU_ERROR_FILE 71 | MU_ERROR_FILE_INVALID_NAME 72 | MU_ERROR_FILE_CANNOT_LINK 73 | MU_ERROR_FILE_CANNOT_OPEN 74 | MU_ERROR_FILE_CANNOT_READ 75 | MU_ERROR_FILE_CANNOT_CREATE 76 | MU_ERROR_FILE_CANNOT_MKDIR 77 | MU_ERROR_FILE_STAT_FAILED 78 | MU_ERROR_FILE_READDIR_FAILED 79 | MU_ERROR_FILE_INVALID_SOURCE BUGS
Please report bugs if you find them: http://code.google.com/p/mu0/issues/list AUTHOR
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl> SEE ALSO
mu-index(1) mu-find(1) mu-cfind(1) mu-mkdir(1) mu-view(1) mu-extract(1) mu-easy(1) mu-bookmarks(5) User Manuals January 2012 MU(1)