Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to view contents of a directory Post 9142 by maddave on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 09:44:58 AM
Old 10-23-2001
Nope tried that. still wont show contents.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to view the output through this cgi

#!/bin/env perl read(STDIN,$temp,$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}); @pairs=split(/&/,$temp); $DISPLAY1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-html/myscript2.html"; $DATAFILE1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-cgi-bin/datafile"; open (DATAFILE1, ">$DATAFILE1") || die " Error opening log file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishchand
0 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. Linux

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to view contents of an existing script

root#pwd /opt/tools root# cat check_traffic /opt/tools/utils/commands $1 /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic root# cat /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic gew "check_traffic -v" Hi above script works for checking traffic for an ip address im trying to view the check_traffic script by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to view output of Sar File for memory

Hi I am unable to view the output of sar file using below command sar -f sar07, it is showing below error. Invalid system activity file: sar07 (0x920) above file is in location /var/log/sa wheather for memory it is creating the file at different location? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

View all jar files contents in one go ?

I can view a jar file contents using the below command: $ jar -tvf ./checker-compat-qual-2.0.0.jar 0 Mon May 02 18:28:46 IST 2016 META-INF/ 184 Mon May 02 18:28:44 IST 2016 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/ 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/org/ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
tftp(1c)																  tftp(1c)

Name
       tftp - trivial file transfer program

Syntax
       tftp [host] [port]

Description
       The  command  provides  the  user interface to the Internet standard Trivial File Transfer Protocol.  The program allows a user to transfer
       files to and from a remote network site.  The remote host can be specified on the command line.	If you specify the remote host on the com-
       mand line uses host as the default host for future transfers.

If  a  port is specified, uses that port number instead of the standard service port.  When the user invokes the program enters its command
       interpreter and awaits instructions.  The prompt tftp> is displayed on the screen.

The following commands are recognized by

?		   Displays a help message that gives a brief summary of the commands.

ascii		   Specifies mode ascii.

binary		   Specifies mode binary.

connect host-name [ port ]
			   Sets the host and, optionally, sets port for transfers.  Note that the TFTP	protocol  does	not  maintain  connections
			   between transfers.  Because merely remembers what host should be used for transfers instead of actually creating a con-
			   nection, it is not necessary to use the command.  The remote host can be specified as part of the or commands.

get remote-file... [ local-file ]
			   Gets a file or set of files from the specified sources.  If the host has already been specified, the source can  be	in
			   the	form of a filename on the remote host.	If the host has not been specified, the source can be a string of the form
			   host:file, specifying both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last hostname entered
			   becomes the default for future transfers.

mode		   Sets the file transfer type to network ASCII or binary.  The default type is network ASCII.

put local-file... [ remote-file/directory ]
			   Puts  a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory.  If the remote host has already been specified,
			   the destination can be a filename on it.  If the remote host has not been specified, the destination can be a string of
			   the	form  host:filename,  specifying  both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last
			   hostname entered becomes the default for future transfers.  If the remote-directory form is used, the  remote  host	is
			   assumed to be a UNIX machine.

quit		   Exits the program.

rexmt		   Sets the retransmit timer.

status		   Shows what believes to be the current connection status.

timeout		   Set the transaction timeout.

trace		   Sets the packet trace flag.

verbose		   Sets the verbose mode flag.

Restrictions
       Since the TFTP protocol does not support any authentication, files must be world read (writable) on the remote system.

Because	there  is  no user-login validation within the TFTP protocol, the remote site should have some sort of file access restrictions in
       place.  The exact methods are specific to each site.

tftp(1c)