Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to view contents of a directory Post 9139 by maddave on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 09:29:55 AM
Old 10-23-2001
Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20

I CD into a remote directory on one machine

$ cd /net/remote hostname

yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty.

when I do the same command from another machine,

$ cd /net/remote hostname

do an ll I get to see the entire contents.

I do a pwd on both machines and I am in exaxtly the same place on each.

Why can I see the contents on one machine yet on the other I cant!! please help if you can

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to view the output through this cgi

#!/bin/env perl read(STDIN,$temp,$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}); @pairs=split(/&/,$temp); $DISPLAY1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-html/myscript2.html"; $DATAFILE1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-cgi-bin/datafile"; open (DATAFILE1, ">$DATAFILE1") || die " Error opening log file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishchand
0 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. Linux

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to view contents of an existing script

root#pwd /opt/tools root# cat check_traffic /opt/tools/utils/commands $1 /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic root# cat /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic gew "check_traffic -v" Hi above script works for checking traffic for an ip address im trying to view the check_traffic script by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to view output of Sar File for memory

Hi I am unable to view the output of sar file using below command sar -f sar07, it is showing below error. Invalid system activity file: sar07 (0x920) above file is in location /var/log/sa wheather for memory it is creating the file at different location? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

View all jar files contents in one go ?

I can view a jar file contents using the below command: $ jar -tvf ./checker-compat-qual-2.0.0.jar 0 Mon May 02 18:28:46 IST 2016 META-INF/ 184 Mon May 02 18:28:44 IST 2016 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/ 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/org/ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
cadaver(1)							   User Manuals 							cadaver(1)

NAME
cadaver - A command-line WebDAV client for Unix. SYNOPSIS
cadaver [-trp[-r file][-p host[:port]]][-V][-h] http://hostname[:port]/path DESCRIPTION
cadaver supports file upload, download, on-screen display, namespace operations (move and copy), collection creation and deletion, and locking operations. Its operation is similar to the standard BSD ftp(1) client and the Samba Project's smbclient(1). A user familiar with these tools should be quite comfortable with cadaver. cadaver supports automatically logging in to servers requiring authentication via a .netrc file (similar to ftp(1) - see section "THE .netrc FILE" below). OPTIONS
-t, --tolerant Allow cd/open into non-WebDAV enabled collection; use if the server or proxy server has WebDAV compliance problems. -r, --rcfile=file Use this rcfile rather than the default of ~/.cadaverrc -p, --proxy=host[:port] Connect using the proxy host "host" and optional proxy port "port". -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display this help message and exit. COMMAND REFERENCE
ls [path] List contents of current [or other] collection cd path Change to specified collection pwd Display name of current collection put local [remote] Upload local file get remote [local] Download remote resource mget remote... Download many remote resources mput local... Upload many local files edit resource Edit given resource less remote... Display remote resource through pager mkcol remote... Create remote collection(s) cat remote... Display remote resource(s) delete remote... Delete non-collection resource(s) rmcol remote... Delete remote collections and ALL contents copy source... dest Copy resource(s) from source to dest move source... dest Move resource(s) from source to dest lock resource Lock given resource unlock resource Unlock given resource discover resource Display lock information for resource steal resource Steal lock token for resource showlocks Display list of owned locks propnames res Names of properties defined on resource chexec [+|-] remote Change isexecutable property of resource propget res [propname] Retrieve properties of resource propset res propname value Set property on resource set [option] [value] Set an option, or display options open URL Open connection to given URL close Close current connection quit Exit program unset [option] [value] Unsets or clears value from option. lcd [directory] Change local working directory lls [options] Display local directory listing lpwd Print local working directory logout Logout of authentication session help [command] Display help message THE .netrc FILE The file ~/.netrc may be used to automatically login to a server requiring authentication. The following tokens (separated by spaces, tabs or newlines) may be used: machine host Identify a remote machine host which is compared with the hostname given on the command line or as an argument to the open command. Any subsequent tokens up to the end of file or the next machine or default token are associated with this entry. default This is equivalent to the machine token but matches any hostname. Only one default token may be used and it must be after all machine tokens. login username Specifies the username to use when logging in to the remote machine. password string passwd string Specifies the password to use when logging in to the remote machine. Any other tokens (as described in ftp(1)) are ignored. EXAMPLES
cadaver http://dav.example.com/ Connects to the server myserver.example.com, opening the root collection. cadaver http://zope.example.com:8022/Users/fred/ Connects to the server zope.example.com using port 8022, opening the collection "/Users/fred/". cadaver https://secure.example.com/ Connects to a server called secure.example.com using SSL. FILES
~/.cadaverrc Individual user settings that can override cadaver defaults and to script cadaver. Can be changed by the "--rcfile" option. ~/.netrc Login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. See section "THE .netrc FILE" for details. AUTHOR
Joe Orton <cadaver@webdav.org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), smbclient(1) Unix January 2002 cadaver(1)