Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @ Post 91348 by BG_JrAdmin on Thursday 1st of December 2005 09:27:02 AM
Old 12-01-2005
Os

Sorry should have included, SunOS 5.9

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx error message -- "me": not a group

Hi all, When I tried to use mailx like mailx -s "test" someone@somedomain.com < myfile , mailx replies with "me": not a group. Mail did get sent though. So how to deal with this "me": not a group response. I guess it is because some property was not set properly. Because mailx worked well... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to receive message in 2 lines using mailx command

Hi, I have a file with 2 records in two lines. While mailing these two records using mailx command, those two records coming in a single line. I have used the following command to send those records via mail. cat filename | mailx -s "subject" mailaddress I want the two records in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx empty body message

Hi, Is there a way to suppress this message? Null message body; hope that's ok My email string is: mailx -s "This is my subject" myemail@domain.com < /dev/null It's just an annoyance to me that I would like see go away. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message success/faliure delivery notification - mailx

Guys, Is it possible to get a delivery status message like success/faliure notification after sending a mail using mailx. -v option can be used to get the message failure notification if any.. is there any option to get the message success notification? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoharg
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: Not able to send the html formatted message from mailx

<html> <body style=background-color:AliceBlue> <p>Hi,<pre>please check the connectivity status of the server. <pre> And find the server log file for more details. </p> <h1><font size="4">SERVER <font color="red">111.111.11.1</font> IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ONLINE</font></h1> <font color="red"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Mailx message not delivering externally

I have recently all of a sudden stopped receiving my cronjob messages that were being sent with the mailx command. I have not made any changes and it is affecting all my servers at this site only (all running Solaris 10). At my other site I am running a mixture of Solaris 10 and Ubuntu 14, and they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madrox72
2 Replies
scandir(3UCB)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Library Functions					     scandir(3UCB)

NAME
scandir, alphasort - scan a directory SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [ flag... ] file... #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/dir.h> int scandir(dirname, namelist, select, dcomp) char *dirname; struct direct *(*namelist[]); int (*select(), (*dcomp)(); int alphasort(d1, d2) struct direct **d1, **d2; DESCRIPTION
The scandir() function reads the directory dirname and builds an array of pointers to directory entries using malloc(3C). The second param- eter is a pointer to an array of structure pointers. The third parameter is a pointer to a routine which is called with a pointer to a directory entry and should return a non zero value if the directory entry should be included in the array. If this pointer is NULL, then all the directory entries will be included. The last argument is a pointer to a routine which is passed to qsort(3C), which sorts the com- pleted array. If this pointer is NULL, the array is not sorted. The alphasort() function sorts the array alphabetically. RETURN VALUES
The scandir() function returns the number of entries in the array and a pointer to the array through the parameter namelist. The scandir() function returns -1 if the directory cannot be opened for reading or if malloc(3C) cannot allocate enough memory to hold all the data structures. The alphasort() function returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0 if the directory entry name pointed to by d1 is greater than, equal to, or less than the directory entry name pointed to by d2. USAGE
The scandir() and alphasort() functions have transitional interfaces for 64-bit file offsets. See lf64(5). SEE ALSO
cc(1B), getdents(2), malloc(3C), qsort(3C), readdir(3UCB), readdir(3C), lf64(5) NOTES
Use of these functions should be restricted to applications written on BSD platforms. Use of these functions with any of the system libraries or in multithreaded applications is unsupported. SunOS 5.11 30 Oct 2007 scandir(3UCB)