Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing from unix with lp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing from unix with lp Post 9124 by guest100 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 05:57:22 AM
Old 10-23-2001
Have a look at the manul pages.It might help.

<pre>
man lp
</pre>

You don't relly make clear what your exact problem is, maybe you need to set your printer up.???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Unix 5.0 printing

Iv'e been having a problem with printing that driving me CRAZY! I am trying to print a large file about 200-300 pgs, but the print job reaches a certain point then stops, the job does'nt finish. Anyone have any suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpadron
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing under UNIX

Hi All As UNIX newbie, (I know Open VMS very well) I have the following question: If I use the lpr command for printing, I normally specify the printer name an the file I want to print. So far so good. Once this is done I can than check with the lpstat command the status of my printjob, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Printing

Greetings. Got a problem I'm working on, not that familiar with UNIX to be honest. We're having some issues printing from a UNIX Server, hoping someone can help. Here's the situation: We have remote offices that use Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Client to connect to a Windows 2003 Terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MPW
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Printing from unix to windows.

Hi, This issue is killing me. I'm looking to get advise on setting up a remote printer in unix "HP-UX" which will print to a printer which sits remotely connected to a windows 2000 server. I guess I'm looking for an idiots guide - any assistance you may offer will be gratefully received. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmaths
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Printing

Hi, I need to print PDF from Unix command line on couple of printers like Lexmark T644PS, HP LJ4100DTN connected to Windows Print Server. I need options of mentioning the printer name and choosing tray number for printing. I was successfull in FTPing PDF files to printer but i could not find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snvijaysankar
2 Replies

7. SCO

Unix Printing

Hi, The code is generating a file of 180 lines, I can check that with vi, but when I am executing the following command for duplex printing , it is printing 4 pages which include 2 blank pages 2 & 4 (page no). $ lp -d printer -0 'land,double,lpi=8,length=90' filename It is expected to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with printing in UNIX

I have a file that looks like below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 h789 p:d:hh dtyu gasd lrtyu oqa Is there a way to print is as given below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing a document in UNIX

Hi, I would like to know the command to print a document with portait option. Note : I used the below command, however I am not getting any output and it is blocking the printer queue. lp -d Dubprint -o portrait Adhoc_stmt Also, how can I see the default printer settings and how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
1 Replies
XPP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    XPP(1)

NAME
xpp - X Printing Panel SYNOPSIS
xpp [options] [files] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the xpp command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the origi- nal program does not have a manual page. xpp (the X Printing Panel) is a graphical interface to the CUPS printing system. It can be used as a drop-in replacement for lpr(1) or lp(1) for programs that want to spool print jobs, or to print files directly from the command line. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by xpp: -d destination -P destination Prints files to the named destination queue. -# copies Sets the number of copies to print from 1 to 100. -C name Sets the job name. -J name Sets the job name. -t name -T name Sets the job name. -l Specifies that the print file is already formatted for the destination and should be sent without filtering. This option is equivalent to "-oraw". -o option Sets a job option. -p Specifies that the print file should be formatted with a shaded header with the date, time, job name, and page number. This option is equivalent to "-oprettyprint" and is only useful when printing text files. -r Specifies that the named print files should be deleted after printing them. -q priority Specify the priority of the print job (from 1 to 100). COMPATIBILITY
The "c", "d", "f", "g", "i", "m", "v", and "w" options are not supported by XPP and will produce a warning message if used. SEE ALSO
lp(1),lpr(1),cupsd(8) AUTHOR
The X Printing Panel was written by Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@gmx.net> This manual page was written by Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The OPTIONS section was borrowed from the manual page for lpr(1). 10 May 2002 XPP(1)