Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Programming
Top Forums Programming System Programming Post 9121 by MacMonster on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 05:14:17 AM
Old 10-23-2001
Re: System Programming

I also have this problem in my school which running Digital UNIX. But this problem can be solved by using cc instead of using gcc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

unix system programming

hey there i have to execute commands that are written on the command line in unix. i have already separated the commands into tokens but now im stuck with the problem of how to actually execute those commands. eg: lets say the user entered " ls -l" to list all the files in a directory ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mile1982
1 Replies

2. Programming

System programming book

please tell me the best book for Unix's System programming..... so that i become expert in System programming.I have completed shell programming and i know C programming in Unix. please tell me which book i should prefer... -ajit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajit_gupta
1 Replies

3. Programming

System programming in C

Hi there, Am very very interested in system level programming in C???? Please give me a good site or a sample program to start with.. will be of a great help to me.. Thanks, Nisha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
7 Replies

4. Programming

system Programming using JAVA.

Dear Sir, How to write Code using JAVA technology for system programming ? I want to develop a new compiler for my own language. thanks in advance roy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapan
1 Replies

5. Programming

System programming in C

Hi guys, i'm programming in C for Linux but i preferred to program in FreeBSD and some FreeBSD system calls are not available in Linux and i want to make my code portable but i don't now really how, but i think if i used some C preprocessors i can make it portable, and the problems is that i don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Programming

What is Unix System Programming???

Hi friends, Hope u r doing well. I really find the phrase, "Unix System Programming" very very cool, I don't know the reason, but it since I love UNIX, I want to do system programming in unix. Could you please tell me what is really the meaning of unix system programming. I have a couple of books... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

8. Programming

c programming system call

newPerm = oldPerm & ~0100; where oldPerm holds the value of st_mode from the system call stat(). When I try and compile every line where ive attempted to do these operations gives the warning "parameter names without declaration types in function declaration". what could be the problem? the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System programming with Unix

Hi All I want to learn System programming with the help of Unix. System Programming mean to say 1) Playing with the memory of computer 2) Designing some graphical units Hope you understand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
iodbc-config(1) 					       iODBC Driver Manager						   iodbc-config(1)

NAME
iodbc-config - script to get information about the installed version of iODBC SYNOPSIS
iodbc-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--cflags] [--libs] [--static-libs] [--libtool-libs] [--odbcini] [--odbcin- stini] DESCRIPTION
iodbc-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams that use iODBC. OPTIONS
iodbc-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of iODBC on the standard output. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile an iODBC program. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an iODBC program using dynamic libraries (if supported). --static-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an iODBC program using static libraries. --libtool-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an iODBC program in a libtool environment. --odbcini Print the path of the system wide odbc.ini file. --odbcinstini Print the path of the system wide odbcinst.ini file. --prefix[=PREFIX] If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that iODBC was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. If PREFIX is not specified, the --prefix flag shows where iODBC is currently installed. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that iODBC was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. EXAMPLES
To compile a program that calls the iODBC API, make sure the iodbc-config program can be found in the PATH environment variable, before using the following Makefile fragment: CFLAGS=`iodbc-config --cflags` LDLIBS=`iodbc-config --libs` iodbctest: iodbctest.c cc $(CFLAGS) -o iodbctest iodbctest.c $(LDLIBS) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2004 by OpenLink Software AUTHOR
iODBC Administrator <iodbc@openlinksw.com> 3.52.6 16 June 2004 iodbc-config(1)