Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how do I change locale settings? Post 91081 by vino on Tuesday 29th of November 2005 10:57:53 PM
Old 11-29-2005
Following are the variables I have changed reflect a new locale such as zhs, jp and fr.

Code:
export LC_ALL=en_GB.ISO8859-1
export LANG=en_GB.ISO8859-1

And you should be done. If you issue locale, it should show the new settings.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change locale ?

Hi, I have Solaris 7 installed. When I give the command 'locale' from the box, I am getting all the environment variables as 'de' ! I want it to be in English. How do I change the locale ?? TIA, Srinivas. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snsrini
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change root's .profile settings

As a regular (non-root) user on Unix servers I'm accustomed to changing my .profile file to set paths that I frequently use, etc. I am trying to learn unix and set up a test server running SunOS 5.8. When I login as root I don't see a .profile file that belongs to root wherein I could change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

command to change duplex settings..

Hi Folks, I want the command to change the duplex settings of a HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. Sagar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Locale settings and awk

Hi, We are trying a few things on our new RHEL machine and I noticed some strange behaviours happening in awk. We are using the swedish locale sv_SE.iso88591, where you have three additional letters in the alphabet: ... X Z Å Ä Ö (in that order). I can sort text files following the above... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
0 Replies

5. Solaris

change default Locale

i have a new solaris 10 enviroment and when i create new users and when i go to login using the default .profile and run locale i get the following LANG= LC_CTYPE=en_IE.ISO8859-15 LC_NUMERIC=en_IE.ISO8859-15 LC_TIME=en_IE.ISO8859-15 LC_COLLATE=en_IE.ISO8859-15... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Putty : Change default settings (solved)

Hi, I use to work on solaris via putty and always on session start - i use to increase the font to 14 bold - capture session output to a file my requirement) to make these changes permanent, so that i need not to change the settings everytime i connect via putty please advice. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

7. AIX

Settings change in aix

Hi Can any one tell the procedure to change the maxpout and minpout settings on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Change user settings..

Hi, I have 48 cores in my server. I want to assign 50% of the cores to certain programs and rest to some other programms. I found the command "taskset" very good option to assign cpu afinity to already running programms or newly created programms. But the problem is even if i set a cron to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rantu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change default settings of nslookup

how and where can i change permanent the settings of nslookup? each time i change it by doing nslookup set timeout=2 the nslookup , does not save the settings , how can i do it in permanent way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] Change settings

Hi, I have a big settings confg (file attached). There are a few separate tasks that I have to accomplish. All scripting/programming languages are appreciated. 1. I need to parse all values and output to stdout. Sample output (truncated): VALUEA 2017-01-01 Lores ipsum Lorem ipsum dolor sit... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
11 Replies
LOCALE.CONF(5)							    locale.conf 						    LOCALE.CONF(5)

NAME
locale.conf - Configuration file for locale settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/locale.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/locale.conf file configures system-wide locale settings. It is read at early boot by systemd(1). The basic file format of locale.conf is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments, no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options locale.LANG=, locale.LANGUAGE=, locale.LC_CTYPE=, locale.LC_NUMERIC=, locale.LC_TIME=, locale.LC_COLLATE=, locale.LC_MONETARY=, locale.LC_MESSAGES=, locale.LC_PAPER=, locale.LC_NAME=, locale.LC_ADDRESS=, locale.LC_TELEPHONE=, locale.LC_MEASUREMENT=, locale.LC_IDENTIFICATION= may be used to override the locale settings at boot. The locale settings configured in /etc/locale.conf are system-wide and are inherited by every service or user, unless overridden or unset by individual programs or individual users. Depending on the operating system, other configuration files might be checked for locale configuration as well, however only as fallback. /etc/vconsole.conf is usually created and updated using systemd-localed.service(8). localectl(1) may be used to alter the settings in this file during runtime from the command line. Use systemd-firstboot(1) to initialize them on mounted (but not booted) system images. OPTIONS
The following locale settings may be set using /etc/locale.conf: LANG=, LANGUAGE=, LC_CTYPE=, LC_NUMERIC=, LC_TIME=, LC_COLLATE=, LC_MONETARY=, LC_MESSAGES=, LC_PAPER=, LC_NAME=, LC_ADDRESS=, LC_TELEPHONE=, LC_MEASUREMENT=, LC_IDENTIFICATION=. Note that LC_ALL may not be configured in this file. For details about the meaning and semantics of these settings, refer to locale(7). EXAMPLE
Example 1. German locale with English messages /etc/locale.conf: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale(7), localectl(1), systemd-localed.service(8), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 LOCALE.CONF(5)