Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tar parameters
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users tar parameters Post 9105 by LivinFree on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 03:03:45 AM
Old 10-23-2001
That assumes you have gzip and the GNU tar utility installed on your system. With Linux and Hurd, this is nearly always the case. On other systems (HP-UX, SysV, etc...) it is not this way unless you install it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using a vaiable parameters and values to find and tar

This one took HOURS and HOURS of my life. Hopefully this post will save someone the same grief. I am using "-regex" with "find" via a variable. If I echo the command that is constructed, it looks OK. When I paste the echoed text it to the command line it runs fine. But inside the script it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjminkle
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar utility (untar a .tar file) on VxWorks

Hi All Can someone pls guide me if there any utility to compress file on windows & uncompress on vxworks I tried as - - compressed some folders on windows ... i created .tar ( to maintain directory structure ) and compressed to .gz format. - on VxWorks i have uncompressed it to .tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday_01
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a Tar of multiple Files in Unix and FTP the tar to Windows.

Hi, On my Unix Server in my directory, I have 70 files distributed in the following directories (which have several other files too). These files include C Source Files, Shell Script Source Files, Binary Files, Object Files. a) /usr/users/oracle/bin b) /usr/users/oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

5. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar cmd how many arguments into parameters of filenames

Hi I would like to use tar cmd in my script. I have a variable with filenames, e.g. 1000 records and I would like to paste its values into tar cmd. For this example I used three elements variable strings. strings="file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt" `tar cf file1.tar $strings` Whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do I need to extract the entire tar file to confirm the tar folder is fine?

I would like to confirm my file.tar is been tar-ed correctly before I remove them. But I have very limited disc space to untar it. Can I just do the listing instead of actual extract it? Can I say confirm folder integrity if the listing is sucessful without problem? tar tvf file1.tar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
1 Replies

9. AIX

Tar - pre-checking before making the Tar file

Coming from this thread, just wondering if there is an option to check if the Tar of the files/directory will be without any file-errors without actually making the tar. Scenario: Let's say you have a directory of 20GB, but you don't have the space to make Tar file at the moment, and you want... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
14 Replies
byobu-launcher-install(1)					       byobu						 byobu-launcher-install(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-install - Byobu Launcher installation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-install [-n|--no-logout] DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-install(1) is a simple utilty that will add a line to your $HOME/.profile file which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). By default, when users detach from the byobu(1) session they will also logout. Users can change this behavior by adding the [-n|--no-logout] option when they run byobu-launcher-install(1). You can disable this behavior entirely at any time with the byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) utility. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-install(1)