Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why Linux
Operating Systems Linux Why Linux Post 91048 by eugrus on Tuesday 29th of November 2005 02:56:46 PM
Old 11-29-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibw
But Windows is very friendly OS, then why Linux.

Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie

I do not think so. Linux is much more convenient for me.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
Osmo(1) 																   Osmo(1)

NAME
Osmo - a handy personal organizer SYNTAX
osmo [option] DESCRIPTION
Osmo is a handy personal organizer, which includes calendar, tasks manager, address book and notes modules. It was designed to be a small, easy to use and good looking PIM tool to help to manage personal information. OPTIONS
-c, --calendar Show small calendar window -e, --check Check for events since last run -d, --days Number of days to check forward for events (default: 0) -s, --config=PATH Set absolute path for settings and data files -?, --help Output help information and exit. FILES
$HOME/.osmo/calendar_notes.xml - calendar groups and notes $HOME/.osmo/config.xml - configuration $HOME/.osmo/contacts_records.xml - contacts data $HOME/.osmo/ical_files.xml - active iCalendar files $HOME/.osmo/notes_entries.xml - notes list $HOME/.osmo/notes/*.osm - notes data files $HOME/.osmo/tasks_entries.xml - tasks data EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: osmo To run small calendar type: osmo -c To check events for two days since today type: osmo -e -d 2 HOMEPAGE
http://clayo.org/osmo AUTHORS
Tomasz Maka <pasp@users.sourceforge.net> (programming) Piotr Maka <silloz@users.sourceforge.net> (programming) Maja Kocon (http://pinky-babble.org) (graphics) CONTRIBUTORS
Markus Dahms <mad@automagically.de> (LibSyncML support) Nacho Alonso Gonzalez <nacho.alonso.gonzalez@gmail.com> (Windows port) Tomasz Maka <;pasp@users.sourceforge.net> 0.2.12 Osmo(1)