Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Color and Users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Color and Users Post 91 by Neo on Saturday 14th of October 2000 03:03:07 PM
Old 10-14-2000
Sorry, but I still don't understand your situation enough to make an intelligent reply. Could you state the problem in terms in more UNIX terms like X configuration files, X-servers, IP addresses, and not vendor specific terms?

For example, would be easier to understand if you formulated the situation in generic terms and not vendor specific terms and products.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify Color and send email with same color

Hello mates, I have a requirement where in which I have to mail an output from multiple programs in the same colour as the output from shell script. I have seen a post to mail html in our forum,but my case is I have to first identify which colour the output is in an then mail it to in the ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
10 Replies
Dpkg::Vendor(3) 						   libdpkg-perl 						   Dpkg::Vendor(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Vendor - get access to some vendor specific information DESCRIPTION
The files in /etc/dpkg/origins/ can provide information about various vendors who are providing Debian packages. Currently those files look like this: Vendor: Debian Vendor-URL: http://www.debian.org/ Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org If the vendor derives from another vendor, the file should document the relationship by listing the base distribution in the Parent field: Parent: Debian The file should be named according to the vendor name. FUNCTIONS
$fields = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_info($name) Returns a Dpkg::Control object with the information parsed from the corresponding vendor file in /etc/dpkg/origins/. If $name is omitted, it will use /etc/dpkg/origins/default which is supposed to be a symlink to the vendor of the currently installed operating system. Returns undef if there's no file for the given vendor. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_file($name) Check if there's a file for the given vendor and returns its name. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_current_vendor() Returns the name of the current vendor. If DEB_VENDOR is set, it uses that first, otherwise it falls back to parsing /etc/dpkg/origins/default. If that file doesn't exist, it returns undef. $object = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_object($name) Return the Dpkg::Vendor::* object of the corresponding vendor. If $name is omitted, return the object of the current vendor. If no vendor can be identified, then return the Dpkg::Vendor::Default object. Dpkg::Vendor::run_vendor_hook($hookid, @params) Run a hook implemented by the current vendor object. 1.16.15 2014-06-05 Dpkg::Vendor(3)