Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Color and Users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Color and Users Post 91 by Neo on Saturday 14th of October 2000 03:03:07 PM
Old 10-14-2000
Sorry, but I still don't understand your situation enough to make an intelligent reply. Could you state the problem in terms in more UNIX terms like X configuration files, X-servers, IP addresses, and not vendor specific terms?

For example, would be easier to understand if you formulated the situation in generic terms and not vendor specific terms and products.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify Color and send email with same color

Hello mates, I have a requirement where in which I have to mail an output from multiple programs in the same colour as the output from shell script. I have seen a post to mail html in our forum,but my case is I have to first identify which colour the output is in an then mail it to in the ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
10 Replies
qscan(1)							     qscan 0.7								  qscan(1)

NAME
qscan - console tool for quality measurement of optical media SYNOPSIS
qscan [-l] [-h] qscan -d DEVICE [-S] [-i] [-m] qscan -d DEVICE [-p] [-r] [-w] [-v] qscan -d DEVICE [-f] [-s] [-t] [-v] qscan -d DEVICE -t wt [-s #] [-W] DESCRIPTION
qscan is the linux console tool for error correction measuring with optical devices. The related plugin allows to use vendor specific com- mands on your optical device. Currently supported vendors are Asus, Benq, Liteon, NEC, Pioneer and Plextor. For detailed information look at http://qpxtool.sourceforge.net/supported.html DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l, --scanbus scan busses for all available optical devices -h, --help show help -S, --speeds detect available read and write speeds for selected -d DEVICE and the relating media -i, --info show device info of selected -d DEVICE -m, --media show media info of selected -d DEVICE -p, --plugins list all available plugins -f, --force-plugin PLUGIN [ ASUS | BENQ | BENQ_DVDROM |GENERIC |LITEON |NEC |PIONEER |PLEXTOR ] force usage of the selected plugin to use the vendor specific commands for the slected device. Default behaviour auto detection modus. [ASUS] use Asus vendor specific commands [BENQ] use Benq optical writer vendor specific commands [BENQ_DVDROM] use Benq optical reader vendor specific commands [GENERIC] use generic mmc commands [LITEON] use Liteon vendor specific commands [NEC] use NEC vendor specific commands [PIONEER] use Pioneer vendor specific commands [PLEXTOR] use Plextor vendor specific commands -r #, --rspeed # set read performance speed to selected value. Use -S option before, if you are unsure which speeds are supported -s #, --speed # set measurement speed to selected value. Use -S option before, if you don't know what speeds are supported by your device. Don't use this with -r or -w option. -t, --test [rt|wt|errc|ft|jb|ta] select the q-check you want to be proceeded. Not all tests are supported by all devices. For detailed information about the terms read the project page: http://qpxtool.sourceforge.net/glossar.html [rt] read transfer rate measurement [wt] write transfer rate on blank media [errc] errror correction - Cx-scan / PIE, PIF, POE, POF [ft] focus and tracking error measurement [jb] jitter and beta measurement [ta] time analyzer measurement -w #, --wspeed # set write speed to selected value. Use -S option before, if you don't know what write speeds are supported by your device. -v, --verbose gives verbose output and debug information -W, --write perform real write instead simulation for write transfer rate EXAMPLES
qscan -l scan all buses for availabale optical devices qscan -d /dev/sr2 -S Show available speed steps of device /dev/sr2. qscan -d /dev/sr2 -t errc -s 5 Proceed an error correction scan on device /dev/sr2 with 5x speed. qscan -d /dev/sr0 -t wt -s 12 Proceed a write performance test in simulation mode on device /dev/sr0 (dummy mode) with 12x speed please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 10. April, 2009 qscan(1)