Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Another shellscript question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Another shellscript question Post 90899 by jigarlakhani on Monday 28th of November 2005 05:10:15 PM
Old 11-28-2005
definately. some questions. How are you catting the mapfile in the code?
the output you got was the following
code:
cp -rp /u01_p /pristine /u01/oradata/test
cp -rp /u02_p /pristine /u02/oradata/test
cp -rp /u03_p /pristine /u03/oradata/test
cp -rp /u04_p /pristine /u04/oradata/test
cp -rp /u05_p /pristine /u05/oradata/dev
cp -rp /u06_p /pristine /u06/oradata/dev
cp -rp /u07_p /pristine /u07/oradata/dev
cp -rp /u08_p /pristine /u08/oradata/dev
code:
but what if I just want to build a copy statement for test and omit dev? I somehome wanted to incorporate $SID value which should equal to test.

thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp in Shellscript

Can I do something like this from a shellscript ?: ftp 12.34.56.78 <<! username password put a.c bye ! It does not go through as the login fails. Is there any alternative to do the above requirement? Thanks in advance. Gowrish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggowrish
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shellscript problem

hI, Pls consider the following shell script #!/bin/csh -f sqlplus tkyte/tkyte <<"EOF" > tmp.csh set serveroutput on declare a number:=5; begin dbms_output.put_line( 'a:='||a ); end; / spool off "EOF" The above script does the followin 1)it connects... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shellscript

Hello. I am a novince at writing shell scripts but here is the question. I have to write a shell script that does the following: Once executed via crontab, the script should do the following: a. get date/time stamp in for format 10-MAR-05 and b. execute shell script my_script.sh (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

4. AIX

ShellScript displays un necessary question marks

Hi, This is suman. I am very new to Shell Scripting. I have a shell script, when I run that script, it is displaying un necessary question marks. But in the scritpt, there is no any " echo ? " statement. Can anybody please help me what could be the cause for displaying question marks ?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clnsharma123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I do aliasing in shellscript?

#Example.sh alias rmv 'sh Example2.sh' when i execute exapme.sh alias name not working. how i solve this problem?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
9 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

help with backup shellscript

can any one advice on this.. create archive backup -yyyymmdd.tr.gzin the directory "backup" that includes the following directory " product/dev","product/uat"and product/maintain", yymmdd, stand for current date This archive needs to be perpared at 9PM every day Thanks advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksakil
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shellscript

I am new in shell script i want to convert .txt file in the format axsjdijdjjdk to a x s j d i j d j j d k (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk in shellscript

Dear Members, I have the following situation I do not understand: I have a large json encoded file which I need to grep and afterwards want to extract specific information. I use this command to to that: cat /tmp/file | awk -F '"fields":' '{print $2}' | awk -F '"description":' '{print $4}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crumble
6 Replies
PRISTINE-XZ(1)							    pristine-xz 						    PRISTINE-XZ(1)

NAME
pristine-xz - regenerate pristine xz files SYNOPSIS
pristine-xz [-vdk] gendelta file.xz delta pristine-xz [-vdk] genxz delta file DESCRIPTION
This is a complement to the pristine-tar(1) command. Normally you don't need to run it by hand, since pristine-tar calls it as necessary to handle .tar.xz files. pristine-xz gendelta takes the specified xz file, and generates a small binary delta file that can later be used by pristine-xz genxz to recreate the original file. pristine-xz genxz takes the specified delta file, and compresses the specified input file (which must be identical to the contents of the original xz file). The resulting file will be identical to the original gz file used to create the delta. The approach used to regenerate the original xz file is to figure out how it was produced -- what compression level was used, etc. Currently support is poor for xz files produced with unusual compression options. If the delta filename is "-", pristine-xz reads or writes it to stdio. OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode, show each command that is run. -d Debug mode. -k Don't clean up the temporary directory on exit. -t Try harder to determine how to generate deltas of difficult xz files. ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR Specifies a location to place temporary files, other than the default. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>, Faidon Liambotis <paravoid@debian.org>, Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr> Licensed under the GPL, version 2. perl v5.14.2 2013-06-01 PRISTINE-XZ(1)