Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Mounting of unix NFS to windows XP Post 90554 by qfwfq on Wednesday 23rd of November 2005 05:04:14 PM
Old 11-23-2005
You can do that by exporting your directory (/etc/exports). Then on the client side (your pc) you have to install a NFS software. But I also recommend SAMBA. We have been using NFS client software until I was able to convince my boss that SAMBA is better in many ways (easier, more secure and more config options).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO6 NFS Problem mounting Windows resource

Hi, We are testing SCO6 for an upgrade. We currently have a SCO5.0.4 system that mounts a remote directory on a Windows 2000 server. The windows server has 'services for unix' installed to enable the required directory to be mounted on the SCO system. On SCO we run '/etc/mount -v -f NFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnagra
2 Replies

2. Linux

NFS not mounting during kickstart

Hi, Re-building linux server from a kickstart image on cdrom. We have a kickstart server. the cdrom contacins the kickstart ks.cfg file and does a NFS mount from an IP to load the iso images and other files needed during the kickstart (re-build) Now for some reason the kickstart stops and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help mounting Windows share in UNIX

We recently upgraded one of our engineering servers, and now the lone UNIX box that houses older CAD files can not connect to it. I have tried every variation of mount I can find, but to no avail. Help is appreciated. Here are the specs: Server: Windows 2003 x64 with Unix Services for Windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatterstorm
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

Mounting NFS filesystem on Windows server

Hello Can someone please suggest how should I configure Samba to share the drive from Linux to Window server, and Windows server is in AD environment. is this require winbind to be installed ?? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS not mounting using ipaddress of client

Dear All, I have an NFS Server and client. I am trying to include the ipaddress of the client in servers exports file /etc/exports. In this case , I could not mount , saying permission denied. But when I give * symbol in the place of ipaddress ( Global , any IPS ) it is mounting. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a directory using nfs version4

Hi, I would like to know how can we mount a directory using nfs v4 ? When I use the below command, I am not sure what nfs version am using to mount the directory. mount -t <server_name>:<shared_directory> <shared_directory>. eg: mount -t 10.50.0.8:/home/arun/mount/share_dir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsriniv
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS mounting from client pc

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS mounting issue

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Mounting NFS

Hi, I am having some issues mounting NFS files. for some reason the mount -F nfs is not being recognized.. bash-3.2# mount -F nfs -o rw 192.168.245.129:/mnt/nfs1/ /mnt UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: V-3-20135: FSType nfs not recognized UX:vxfs mount: INFO: V-3-20147: Usage: mount {special |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
5 Replies
cupsaddsmb(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsaddsmb(8)

NAME
cupsaddsmb - export printers to samba for windows clients SYNOPSIS
cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] -a cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] printer [ ... printer ] DESCRIPTION
The cupsaddsmb program exports printers to the SAMBA software (version 2.2.0 or higher) for use with Windows clients. Depending on the SAMBA configuration, you may need to provide a password to export the printers. This program requires the Windows printer driver files described below. SAMBA CONFIGURATION cupsaddsmb uses the RPC-based printing support in SAMBA to provide printer drivers and PPD files to Windows client machines. In order to use this functionality, you must first configure the SAMBA smb.conf(5) file to support printing through CUPS and provide a printer driver download share, as follows: [global] load printers = yes printing = cups printcap name = cups [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba browseable = no public = yes guest ok = yes writable = no printable = yes [print$] comment = Printer Drivers path = /etc/samba/drivers browseable = yes guest ok = no read only = yes write list = root This configuration assumes a FHS-compliant installation of SAMBA; adjust the [printers] and [print$] share paths accordingly on your system as needed. MICROSOFT POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS The base driver for Windows 2000 and higher is the Microsoft PostScript driver, which is available on any system running Windows 2000 or higher in the %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSW32X863 folder for 32-bit drivers and %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSX643 folder for 64-bit drivers. Copy the 32-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers directory and the 64-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers/x64 directory exactly as named below: ps5ui.dll pscript.hlp pscript.ntf pscript5.dll Note: Unlike Windows, case is significant - make sure that you use the lowercase filenames shown above, otherwise cupsaddsmb will fail to export the drivers. OPTIONS
cupsaddsmb supports the following options: -H samba-server Specifies the SAMBA server which defaults to the CUPS server. -U samba-user[%samba-password] Specifies the SAMBA print admin username which defaults to your current username. If the username contains a percent (%) character, then the text following the percent is treated as the SAMBA password to use. -a Exports all known printers. Otherwise only the named printers are exported. -h cups-server[:port] Specifies a different CUPS server to use. -v Specifies that verbose information should be shown. This is useful for debugging SAMBA configuration problems. SEE ALSO
rpcclient(1), smbclient(1), smbd(8), smb.conf(5), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 11 June 2014 CUPS cupsaddsmb(8)