Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing problems Post 90513 by lepiaf on Wednesday 23rd of November 2005 06:02:01 AM
Old 11-23-2005
you may want to try this:

#>tr -d '\r' < textfile > newtextfile

If that still doesn't work, look at the text file using cat -vt

If either don't help, you may need to define a startup.ps which appends a PS header to the file.

Cheers,
LePiaf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing via SCO Unix problems ;-(

I get the following when printing from a SCO Unix application { Who are you ?} The user is printing to a printer on a network print sharing device HP 500x. I think this printer is shared via the Unix machine. How does one set up printer sharing on Unix and access permissions for them? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoseHose
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Problems

I have a problem here. I have a printer that is connected to a silicon graphics O2 machine (a Laser Jet 6MP) which is running under the Laser Jet 6 printer driver. I don't have any problems printing from the UNIX box. However, I do have the printer networked through our local intranet (using LPR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobmcgee
2 Replies

4. Solaris

emulation problems printing from sun solaris

Genicom LG05 printer with LG emulation. Due to problems with printer a replacement printer was installed with LP+ emulation only. Does the queue on UNIX have to be modified or told about the change in emulation for it to print from sun solaris unix. What's the command? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITBT
0 Replies

5. SCO

Printing Problems with SCO 5.0

I have several printers setup but nothing prints. I get the following error email Subject: Status of lp request aclj3-2297 Your request aclj3-2297 destined for aclj3 encountered an error while printing on printer aclj3. Reason for failure: cat: cannot open 0: No such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jessie Nand
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpq, lpr and printing problems

good day! i would just like to ask for advice regarding an lp problem i have.. we currently migrated a GIS appl from sol 2.6 to sol 8 but maintained the same version of jetadmin (for the appl plotters and printers). we are able to print files on a printer but not on a plotter. the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maria_iris
1 Replies

7. Linux

Printing Problems..

Dear All.. When printing(Epson DotMatrix 9pinX136Cols) an graphics(Graphics2D) document through my Java application, the printer simply take a round and drop the paper out. Nothing printed is it my printer driver(currently using omni driver) problem. Any one of you pls suggest me the suitable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunize
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing problems

Hi, the print spooler from my unix box keeps putting a header before every page, looks as below User: root Host: blemain.blemain.local Class: blemain.blemain.local Job: SPC075 then it forces the rest of the print to spread accross 2 pages (should be single page prints). Any idea... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blemainuser
0 Replies

9. AIX

printing problems...

hello... we have just recently purchased an ibm h80 system to replace our old machine. the new machine is running aix 5.2 and yesterday i had just completed installing all the remote printers that are connected to windows 2k pc's. today i tried to send a print job to one of them and nothing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petrofyed
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Problems iwith colors while printing from dynamic array at runtime..

Hi Perl folks, I am having problems printing elements from an array at runtime. I wish to push elements into array at runtime and the print it later. Now I wish to print this matrix using colors. So I do something like this to enter the runtime values in array: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies
ppmtoxpm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtoxpm(1)

NAME
ppmtoxpm - convert a portable pixmap into an X11 pixmap SYNOPSIS
ppmtoxpm [-name=xpmname] [-rgb=rgb-textfile] [-alphamask=pgmfile] [ppmfile] Minimum unique abbrevations are acceptable. DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces X11 pixmap (version 3) as output which can be loaded directly by the XPM library. For example, to convert the file "dot" (found in /usr/include/X11/bitmaps), from xbm to xpm one could specify xbmtopbm dot | ppmtoxpm -name dot or, with a rgb text file (in the local directory) xbmtopbm dot | ppmtoxpm -name dot -rgb rgb.txt OPTIONS
-name=xpmname The -name option allows you to specify the prefix string which is printed in the resulting XPM output. If not specified, will default to the filename (without extension) of the <ppmfile> argument. If you do not specify -name or ppmfile, (i.e. your input is from Standad Input), the prefix string defaults to the string noname. rgb=rgb-textfile The -rgb option allows you to specify an X11 rgb text file for the lookup of color name mnemonics. This rgb text file is typically the /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt of the MIT X11 distribution, but any file using the same format may be used. When specified and a RGB value from the ppm input matches a RGB value from the <rgb-textfile>, then the corresponding color name mnemonic is printed in the XPM's colormap. If you don't specify -rgb or if the RGB values don't match, then ppmtoxpm produces the color specifications in the #RGB, #RRGGBB, #RRRGGGBBB, or #RRRRGGGGBBBB hexadecimal format. -alphamask=pgmfile This option names a PGM file to use as an alpha (transparency) mask. The file must contain an image the same dimensions as the input image. ppmtoxpm marks as transparent any pixel whose position in the alpha mask image is at most half white. If you don't specify -alphamask, ppmtoxpm makes all pixels in the output opaque. ppmcolormask is one way to generate an alpha mask file. You might also generate it by extracting transparency information from an XPM file with the -alphaout option to xpmtoppm. There are similar options on other Netpbm converters that convert from formats that include transparency information too. LIMITATIONS
An option to match the closest (rather than exact) color name mnemonic from the rgb text would be a desirable enhancement. Truncation of the least significant bits of a RGB value may result in nonexact matches when performing color name mnemonic lookups. SEE ALSO
ppmcolormask(1), xpmtoppm(1), ppm(5) XPM Manual by Arnaud Le Hors lehors@mirsa.inria.fr AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1990 by Mark W. Snitily. Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. This software is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. This tool was developed for Schlumberger Technologies, ATE Division, and with their permission is being made available to the public with the above copyright notice and permission notice. Upgraded to XPM2 by Paul Breslaw, Mecasoft SA, Zurich, Switzerland (paul@mecazh.uu.ch) Thu Nov 8 16:01:17 1990 Upgraded to XPM version 3 by Arnaud Le Hors (lehors@mirsa.inria.fr) Tue Apr 9 1991 Tue Apr 9 1991 ppmtoxpm(1)