Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sharing a directory
Operating Systems HP-UX sharing a directory Post 90412 by Eronysis on Tuesday 22nd of November 2005 11:40:17 AM
Old 11-22-2005
That command will look at /etc/exports and export everything it finds there(by default nothing).
You should man exportfs and NFS.
These are particularly good man pages you should have no real problems.

Last edited by Eronysis; 11-22-2005 at 12:52 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Sharing

I'm new to the unix world, but have been asked if our company could set up a high speed internet connection to our unix server in order to connect all our users without haveing to pay for all these telephone lines. I assume it is easy but unsafe. Any help from the basics to the advanced will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

my computer and the rest of my network run Mac OS X , and i was wondering how or if your can transfer files from other computers with the Terminal. i also wanna know where i can download a free UNIX version and more on the sudo command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyrohotdog
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sharing :0

I need some help on sharing the :0 display with access from a remote cunix box (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dartay
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

sharing swap fs

hi I have one little question. Can I use one swap fs for two unix? I have one Linux, and soon one Solaris, I'm about to create the filesystem for Install Solaris, and I wonder if I can use swap space that I'm already have. So there is not going to be two unix running at the same time, so I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: comadreja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem sharing

Hello guys. I am runnign SCO OSr5 and I need to share the modem with the local PCs in my network.. Can some one help? is this posible and if it is, how? F,Ruiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file sharing

i want to share some file to some user of my group(there are many users in a perticular group). So how should i do that?And i m not a super user. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Processes sharing.......

What are the differences in processes sharing variables, memory pages or files? Is one safer than another? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MS_CC
1 Replies

9. Solaris

sharing a directory between local and global zone

is this the step? add fs set dir=/export set special=/export set type=lofs add options rw end i notice i can't post immediately, moderator needs to moderate. i have 1 more post still haven't appear in the forum..hmm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary0011
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 9 Home Directory, Two Machines Sharing a NAS

Good Morning, I have 2 Solaris 9 machines sharing a NAS, and need to have users to be able to log in from the 2nd machine and get to all of their files on the NAS that were created on the 1st machine. So far its working ok, but when users log in to the second machine, their user IDs show... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
20 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_exportfs - Manages NFS exports SYNOPSIS
exportfs [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Exportfs uses the exportfs command to add/remove nfs exports. It does NOT manage the nfs server daemon. It depends on Linux specific NFS implementation details, so is considered not portable to other platforms yet. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
clientspec The client specification allowing remote machines to mount the directory over NFS. (required, string, no default) options The options to pass to exportfs for the exported directory. (optional, string, no default) directory The directory which you wish to export using NFS. (required, string, no default) fsid The fsid option to pass to exportfs. This can be a unique positive integer, a UUID, or the special string "root" which is functionally identical to numeric fsid of 0. 0 (root) identifies the export as the root of an NFSv4 pseudofilesystem -- avoid this setting unless you understand its special status. This value will override any fsid provided via the options parameter. (unique, required, string, no default) unlock_on_stop Relinquish NFS locks associated with this filesystem when the resource stops. Enabling this parameter is highly recommended unless the path exported by this exportfs resource is also exported by a different resource. (optional, boolean, default 0) wait_for_leasetime_on_stop When stopping (unexporting), wait out the NFSv4 lease time. Only after all leases have expired does the NFS kernel server relinquish all server-side handles on the exported filesystem. If this exportfs resource manages an export that resides on a mount point designed to fail over along with the NFS export itself, then enabling this parameter will ensure such failover is working properly. Note that when this parameter is set, your stop timeout MUST accommodate for the wait period. This parameter is safe to disable if none of your NFS clients are using NFS version 4 or later. (optional, boolean, default 0) rmtab_backup Back up those entries from the NFS rmtab that apply to the exported directory, to the specified backup file. The filename is interpreted as relative to the exported directory. This backup is required if clients are connecting to the export via NFSv3 over TCP. Note that a configured monitor operation is required for this functionality. To disable rmtab backups, set this parameter to the special string "none". (optional, string, default ".rmtab") SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 40. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a exportfs resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_exportfs ocf:heartbeat:exportfs params clientspec=string directory=string fsid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="20" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/exportfs_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7)