Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HTTP server
Operating Systems Linux HTTP server Post 90250 by jaibw on Monday 21st of November 2005 04:37:05 AM
Old 11-21-2005
CPU & Memory Web Hosting

Now I am able to configure a sample page in Apache.

But I want to know diff. methods to host a site.

There are many companies that provides space for your web site and other services. They using multiple IP's for sites or have only single IP.

Please tell me the diff. methods to host a site.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

VNC Server http listening port

Hi All, I'm running RH 9.0 on a PII box with 160MB RAM. Just downloaded RealVNC X86 Linux (version 3.3.7). How can I get the HTTP listening port up ? Thanks, KENT (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to know how many user's connected to ftp and http server

i need to write a program to know how many users are presently connected to my ftp server and http server . i need to keep a count of this and this count should be available to other different software . how to make this GLOBAL so that other softwares can access this count value (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariprasad
7 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

List of HTTP/FTP-clients on a server

The other day, a friend of mine had his Linux webserver compromised because he was running a vulnerable PHP-script. The "hacker" had used a malformed URL to include a wget-command to fetch some stuff off the net and install it in /dev/shm where it ran undetected. Fortunately, the webserver ran as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing Oracle HTTP Server

Hi, i am trying to install Oracle 10g Companion Products on a Solaris 5.9 server. At the end of the installation the configuration assistant fails and it's unable to start the HTTP Server. Below is the error opmnctl: starting opmn and all managed processes... Failed to get IP for ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple HTTP server in GAWK

Hi, Not sure if this post belongs to this forum but I have been trying every so often to setup a simple http server in awk. After a couple of try and errors I finally came across this: REMCONF - TCP/IP Internetworking With `gawk' This tutorial is not to cut and paste without change, so here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
0 Replies
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)							    XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)

NAME
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder -- A Drag and Drop function that reorders a stack of widgets that are registered drop sites SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/DragDrop.h> void XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder( Widget widget, Widget sibling, Cardinal stack_mode); DESCRIPTION
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder changes the stacking order of the drop site specified by widget. The stacking order controls the manner in which drag-under effects are clipped by overlapping siblings, regardless of whether they are active. The stack mode is relative either to the entire stack, or to another drop site within the stack. The stack order can be modified only if the drop sites are siblings in both the widget and drop site hierarchy, and the widget parent of the drop sites is registered as a composite drop site. widget Specifies the drop site to be restacked. sibling Specifies a sibling drop site for stacking operations. If specified, then widget is restacked relative to this drop site's stack position. stack_mode Specifies the new stack position for the specified widget. The values are XmABOVE and XmBELOW. If a sibling is specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed just above the sibling. XmBELOW The widget is placed just below the sibling. If the sibling parameter is not specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed at the top of the stack. XmBELOW The widget is placed at the bottom of the stack. For a complete definition of DropSite and its associated resources, see XmDropSite(3). RELATED
XmDropSite(3), XmDropSiteRetrieve(3), and XmDropSiteQueryStackingOrder(3). XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)