Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hyperterminal
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hyperterminal Post 9019 by jerzey4life on Sunday 21st of October 2001 04:19:35 PM
Old 10-21-2001
could be a hundrid things email me with your spacifics and i scan see what i can do to help you

jerzey

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hyperterminal null modem connection to Solaris

I am new to Unix. I just got my SUN box from ebay with Solaris supposedly preloaded. The problem is I am unable to connect via Hyperterminal to Solaris, or more to the point, cannot tell if I have a successful connection and that solaris is the one not properly booted up. I hooked up a null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seethams
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Hyperterminal

Hi all, I currently have my WinXP machine connected to my Sun server via serial cable then hyperterminal. I would like to connect my Solaris 10 machine to the server via serial cable but there doesn't appear to be a hyperterminal application included with Solaris 10. Anyone know of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bad-ash
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hyperterminal problems

Im trying to log in to a Sun Ultra5 using a serial cable connected to a Window 2000's box running hyperterminal. When the machine boots up, I can see the output on the hyperterminal screen but the keyboard doesnt seem to work properly, preventing me from typing in the root password. Can anyone... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: blakmk
15 Replies

4. Solaris

hyperterminal serial solaris 8

Hi All, I connected my serial connection to the installation of solaris 8 and sorry to tell you I use XP/hyperterminal, don't get mad on me... I might use ubuntu later. When I'm installing it, it's ask me below: What type of terminal are you using? 1) ANSI Standard CRT 2) DEC VT52 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

5. Solaris

conecting to t5120 with hyperterminal....

greetings. im a very new user to solaris (and to servers for that matter) and i need to conect to a t5120 sun server, i tried using the SER-MGT port on the back of the server, then to a rj-45/db-9 adaptor, and to a serial-usb adaptor (my laptop doesn't have a com port). when i try to conect with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
2 Replies

6. Solaris

No prompt from Solaris to WinXP Hyperterminal

hi I am new to unix and have found a SPARCstation 5 in the shed. I'm told by my father that it was working when it was put there about 8 years ago. It seems to boot up and makes all the right noises, both discs appear to make a noise, the keyboard lights flash etc., etc., but i can't seem to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harrystrickland
2 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)