Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can not test many arguments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can not test many arguments Post 90096 by Niyati on Friday 18th of November 2005 07:02:29 AM
Old 11-18-2005
Hi Baton,

Sometimes single [ doesn't work with this many conditions. Normally it works but i have faced issue sometime, so to be on safer side i always use [[ in any condition.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't TEST multiple arguments for a file

Hi, I'm new to scripting and teaching myself how to code. Using Korn, I coded this one return "True" if a file is executable and it's not empty. However, each time I pass a file that is 777 which contains data, the script returns "false". if then echo "true" else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test - too many arguments

How do I prevent the message "too many arguments" to appear when using this script? name="one two three four five six seven" if test $name="" then echo "Empty variable" else echo "Value assigned" fi output: bash: test: too many arguments Value assigned (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies
tis_cond_wait(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  tis_cond_wait(3)

NAME
tis_cond_wait - Causes a thread to wait for the specified condition variable to be signaled or broadcast. LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <tis.h> int tis_cond_wait( pthread_cond_t *cond, pthread_mutex_t *mutex); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Address of the condition variable (passed by reference) on which to wait. Address of the mutex (passed by reference) that is associated with the condition variable specified in cond. DESCRIPTION
When threads are present, this routine causes a thread to wait for the specified condition variable cond to be signaled or broadcast. Calling this routine in a single-threaded environment is a coding error. Because no other thread exists to issue a call to tis_cond_sig- nal(3) or tis_cond_broadcast(3), using this routine in a single-threaded environment forces the program to exit. For more information about actions taken when threads are present, refer to the pthread_cond_wait(3) description. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by cond is not a valid condition variable or the value specified by mutex is not a valid mutex, or: Different mutexes are supplied for concurrent tis_cond_wait(3) operations on the same condition variable, or: The mutex was not owned by the calling thread at the time of the call. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: tis_cond_broadcast(3), tis_cond_destroy(3), tis_cond_init(3), tis_cond_signal(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off tis_cond_wait(3)