Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting force use of specific Perl library Post 90036 by methos on Thursday 17th of November 2005 04:30:08 PM
Old 11-17-2005
force use of specific Perl library

I am calling a Perl script that uses Net::FTP; from Oracle's Concurrent Request Manager and it fails becuase Oracle's version of Perl doesn't include the NET::FTP library's. The AIX box the script runs on has Perl installed with the needed library's, does anyone know how I can force my script to use the AIX Perl installation rather than Oracle's?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Double question: Apache mod_proxy and force connection over specific interface

Double question here ... Running on Debian Etch and Apache 2.0 1) Using mod_proxy and/or mod_proxy_http in apache 2.0. The basics of using mod_proxy are pretty simple so long as you're using a static config. I'm trying to figure out how to do it dynamically - that is, allow the entry of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halfwalker
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the specific lines from file using perl

Can anyone tell me what could be the solution to following : I have one .txt file which contains some "seed" information. This seed may appear multiple time in the file so what I want do is if this seed appears again in the file then that line should be removed. Please provide the script code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipakg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl use split and remove specific character

i want to split the input by a space and remove specific characters like full stop, comma...... etc. and then save each word in an array. i got something below, but it didn't work. can anyone please help me? Thank you #!/usr/bin/perl -w while (<>) { $line = <>; @word = split(' ',... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grabbing specific column perl

Alright, I'm new to Perl so be gentle. Given the following script: ---- open(file, "<file.txt"); @lines = <file>; close(file); $var = print $lines; ---- So I'm printing line 18 of the file "file.txt". I now want the 5th column, minus the forward slash. The line looks like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - force matching

for below perl code, if without ?, will print test, otherwise will print null. i know it is due to greedy perl regexp matching that eat out test by previous .*, i also know there should be a way to force perl to match if can match, can anyone help me to figure it out or lead me to the right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading a specific portion of a file using PERL

Hello, I am trying to read from a file using PERL:confused, however i need to read specific portions of the file the file goes like this <Name 1 Hono <Name 2 Jack and so on anyways i need to be able to write a program that ONLY opens the lines beginning with "<"? so it would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNDstudent
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace/Remove not specific text in perl

Hello, Consider that i have many files that have the below format: file1 900 7777 1000 5 6 23 nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 1100 kkkkkkk file2 900 1989 1000 5 3 10 kkkdfdfdffd 1100 kkkkkkk What i would like to do is on every file to search the line that starts with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, splitting out specific parts of the string

Hi there, I have an output from a command like this # ypcat -k netgroup.byuser| grep steven steven.* users_main,users_sysadmin,users_global,users_backup_team and wanted to pull the 'users' netgroups returned into a perl array, that will look like this users_main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Help with commenting out specific lines

Hi I'm trying to comment out specific lines from /etc/fstab file, for simplicity I'm trying to use perl one liner but it errors out, Below is the Perl oneliner I'm using, perl -wlp -i -e 'BEGIN{$flag=0}if (!/root/) && (!/boot/) && (!/tmpfs/) ) {$flag =1;} elsif (/^$/) {$flag=0} if ($flag)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using to perl to output specific fields to one file

Trying to use perl to output specific fields from all text files in a directory to one new file. Each text file on a new line. The below seems to work for one text file but not more. Thank you :). perl -ne 's/^#//; @n = (6, 7, 8, 16); print if $. ~~ @n' *.txt > out.txt format of all text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)

NAME
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl - Net::OpenSSH adapter for Net::SSH::Perl API compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); use Net::SSH::Perl; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new('host'); $ssh->login($user, $passwd); my ($out, $err, $rc) = $ssh->cmd($cmd); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a subset of Net::SSH::Perl API on top of Net::OpenSSH. After the module is loaded as... use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); ... it supplants the Net::SSH::Perl module as if it were installed on the machine using Net::OpenSSH under the hood to handle SSH operations. Setting defaults The hash %Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::OpenSSH and other modules called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SSH::Perl API. The entries currently supported are: connection => [ %opts ] Extra options passed to "Net::OpenSSH::new" constructor. Example: $Net::OpenSSH::Compat::SSH::Perl::DEFAULTS{connection} = [ ssh_path => "/opt/SSH/bin/ssh" ]; BUGS AND SUPPORT
This is a work in progress. "register_handler" method is not supported. Net::SSH::Perl submodules (i.e. Net::SSH::Perl::Channel) are not emulated. Anyway, if your Net::SSH::Perl script fails, fill a bug report at the CPAN RT bugtracker (https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat>) or just send me an e-mail with the details. Include at least: 1 - The full source of the script 2 - A description of what happens in your machine 3 - What you thing it should be happening 4 - What happens when you use the real Net::SSH::Perl 5 - The version and name of your operating system 6 - The version of the OpenSSH ssh client installed on your machine ("ssh -V") 7 - The Perl version ("perl -V") 8 - The versions of the Perl packages Net::OpenSSH, IO::Pty and this Net::OpenSSH::Compat. Git repository The source code repository is at https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat>. My wishlist If you like this module and you're feeling generous, take a look at my Amazon Wish List: <http://amzn.com/w/1WU1P6IR5QZ42> Also consider contributing to the OpenSSH project this module builds upon: <http://www.openssh.org/donations.html>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 by Salvador Fandin~o (sfandino@yahoo.com) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.0 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-24 Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)