Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux SuSe 7.2 prof
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux SuSe 7.2 prof Post 8997 by jerzey4life on Saturday 20th of October 2001 09:58:38 PM
Old 10-20-2001
i tried it on an amd 500 and got for the most part the same error.

i switched boxes to a intell 550 and it worked fine...

suse is a pain in the but some days...

my roommate just installed it on a amd 550 .. and he had no problems......

if you bought the disks i would try to get some help from support.....
i didnt care to spend the time so i just switched boxes....

good luck

jerzey

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to the prof/gprof tool

Hello everyone I want to use the standard Unix prof/gprof tool for my application but I cannot get through the compilation part. I have add the -xpg option in my makefile as specified in the cc man page but the linker gives me the following error: ***************************************... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Fedora Windows XP Prof dual boot

Faced with a "learn the new platform at your own expense or lose your job" ultimatum, I bought a Maxtor internal HD and added it to my older HP desktop which had been upgraded from Windows to Windows Professional. I installed Fedora on the new 500 GB HD and tried putting the Fedora boot partition... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba18
5 Replies

4. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies
AUTOMOUNT2AMD(8L)														 AUTOMOUNT2AMD(8L)

NAME
automount2amd - converts old Sun automount maps to Amd maps SYNOPSIS
automount2amd auto.map DESCRIPTION
automount2amd is used to convert an old Sun automount maps named auto.map to an Amd map. This perl script will use the following /default entry type:=nfs;opts:=rw,grpid,nosuid,utimeout=600 If you wish to override that, define the $DEFAULTS environment variable, or modify the script. If you wish to generate Amd maps using the hostd (host domain) Amd map syntax, then define the environment variable $DOMAIN or modify the script. EXAMPLE
Say you have the Sun automount file auto.foo, with these two lines: home earth:/home moon -ro,intr server:/proj/images Running automount2amd auto.foo > amd.foo will produce the Amd map amd.foo with this content: # generated by automount2amd on Sat Aug 14 17:59:32 US/Eastern 1999 /defaults type:=nfs;opts:=rw,grpid,nosuid,utimeout=600 home host==earth;type:=link;fs:=/home rhost:=earth;rfs:=/home moon -addopts:=ro,intr host==server;type:=link;fs:=/proj/images rhost:=server;rfs:=/proj/images BUGS
automount2amd does not understand newer Sun Automount map syntax, those used by autofs. SEE ALSO
conv2amd(8),amd(8). AUTHORS
Original author Mike Walker <mike@tab00.larc.nasa.gov>. Script modified by Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.columbia.edu>, Department of Computer Sci- ence, Columbia University, New York, USA. 24 May 1993 AUTOMOUNT2AMD(8L)