Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: exe info
Top Forums Programming exe info Post 89938 by andryk on Thursday 17th of November 2005 03:16:46 AM
Old 11-17-2005
try
Code:
file filename.exe  # for a clean 'summary' 
man objdump  # for a more 'detailed' info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*.exe Decompilier

Hello, How would you go about de-compiling a *.exe file which wasn't created in VB? Any suggestions? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAT2ME74
2 Replies

2. Programming

about exe file

Hi, I am using dual operating system(windows/linux) in my system.Now the problem is i want to run my .exe(of c languege) before system ask for loading of operating system.Like my system ask for linux or dos.I want to run my .exe before this. Tell me how can i use this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.exe file

Hello all, how to run windows .exe file in Linux and vice the versa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
3 Replies

4. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

5. SuSE

does exe

does exe files works withe suse am new n linux system and were can i find msn 4 linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulla
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to run .exe

Hai, is there any way to run an .exe file in unix environment . i have read that WINE HQ supports this concept but its very inconsistent and upto the user risk . but i tried WINE but iam not able to configure it can any one help me in this matter Regards Sanju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.exe files

how to open .exe file in freebsd system.My work is to run a growth.exe(created by growth.c turbo c 3.0 file).how to run that exe file in freebsd system?Thanks in advance help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
8 Replies

8. Programming

running exe

how we can run the exe when the system starts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

9. Programming

exe

Is it possible to extract c program,from its executable file(.exe)? i mean we dont have program but its exe file only which runs,can we retrieve the program? if yes how? if no why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown9
2 Replies

10. Programming

exe

hello everyone, could somebody tell me where can i find some good exercises on signals,processes and threads? actually i need to find some solved exercises in system programming. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: micy
4 Replies
LINPROCFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      LINPROCFS(5)

NAME
linprocfs -- Linux process file system SYNOPSIS
linproc /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0 DESCRIPTION
The Linux process file system, or linprocfs, emulates a subset of Linux' process file system and is required for the complete operation of some Linux binaries. The linprocfs provides a two-level view of process space. At the highest level, processes themselves are named, according to their process ids in decimal, with no leading zeros. There is also a special node called self which always refers to the process making the lookup request. Each node is a directory containing several files: exe A reference to the vnode from which the process text was read. This can be used to gain access to the process' symbol table, or to start another copy of the process. mem The complete virtual memory image of the process. Only those addresses which exist in the process can be accessed. Reads and writes to this file modify the process. Writes to the text segment remain private to the process. Each node is owned by the process's user, and belongs to that user's primary group, except for the mem node, which belongs to the kmem group. FILES
/compat/linux/proc The normal mount point for the linprocfs. /compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo CPU vendor and model information in human-readable form. /compat/linux/proc/meminfo System memory information in human-readable form. /compat/linux/proc/pid A directory containing process information for process pid. /compat/linux/proc/self A directory containing process information for the current process. /compat/linux/proc/self/exe The executable image for the current process. /compat/linux/proc/self/mem The complete virtual address space of the current process. EXAMPLES
To mount a linprocfs file system on /compat/linux/proc: mount -t linprocfs linproc /compat/linux/proc SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), procfs(5), pseudofs(9) HISTORY
The linprocfs first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The linprocfs was derived from procfs by Pierre Beyssac. This manual page was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav, based on the procfs(5) manual page by Garrett Wollman. BSD
August 10, 1994 BSD