Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Escape character in vi?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Escape character in vi? Post 89914 by stevefox on Wednesday 16th of November 2005 10:15:15 PM
Old 11-16-2005
Thanks zazzybob!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / escape character

Hi I'm trying to split a dir listing eg /home/foo1/foo2 I'm using ksh I've tried dir=/home/foo1/foo2 splitit=`echo $dir | awk -F '\/' '{print $1}'` echo $splitit nothing is output! I have checked the escape character. The only one I have found is \ BTW `pwd` | awk -F \/... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character

Hi , I want to change space to ' in my script. I tried doing this, sed 's/ /\'/g' filename but i could not get it. can some one help me please. Thanks, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape character in tcsh

Hello, I wanted to display command with echo like this in tcsh. output should be "//'test.test1.test2'" (" at both ends also required in output) Please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balareddy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character - sed

Hi All, How do i write in sed for the 6th and 7th field of etc/passwd file as it involves "/" character? Does mine below is correct? It's incomplete script as i need help with syntax as i always getting may errors :( Example of etc/passwd file: blah:x:1055:600:blah... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character in sed

Hello experts I am trying to write a shell script which will add ' ' to a unix variable and then pass it to oracle for inserting to a table. I am running the script as root and I have to do a su -c . The problem is the character ' is not recognised inside sed even after adding escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvedaa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk escape character

ll|awk '{print "INSERT INTO SCHEMA.TABLE_NAME VALUES (`"$9 "`,"$5");" }' INSERT INTO SCHEMA.TABLE_NAME VALUES (``,); INSERT INTO SCHEMA.TABLE_NAME VALUES (`TABLE_PARTITION_Y2010M03D06.dmp`,7923328); INSERT INTO SCHEMA.TABLE_NAME VALUES (`TABLE_PARTITION_Y2010M03D06.log`,1389); But I want ' in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faruque.ahmed
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace \ (escape character)

All , i have input line as below . abc\ , ewioweioi \, and want the output as below removing the "\" abc , ewioweioi , could anyone help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape character not working

I need to change a pattern with single quotes # echo "serversignature: 'On'" serversignature: 'On' I did # echo "serversignature: 'On'" | sed 's/.*serversignature.*/serversignature: 'Off'/' serversignature: Off The output I need is with single quotes. But its swallowing it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh escape a character

friends, I have a situation where i am using a $RANDOM function along with the filename, I want this to be escaped by the OS in the first assignment (works as expected) and executed in the second assignment (does not execute $RANDOM) filename1=filename1_\$RANDOM echo $filename1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji M
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to add escape character before specified character

Hi , I am looking for a function which will do the following. 1. I have a variable which will hold few special chracter like SPECIAL_CHARS="& ;"2. I have an escape character. ESCAPE_CHAR="\"3. Now when I passed some string in the function it will return the same string but now it will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
8 Replies
DwtSTextReplace(3Dwt)													     DwtSTextReplace(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtSTextReplace - Replaces a portion of the current text string in the simple text widget or inserts a new substring in the text.

Syntax
       void DwtSTextReplace(widget, from_pos, to_pos, value)
	    Widget widget;
	    int from_pos, to_pos;
	    DwtCompString value;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the ID of the simple text widget whose text string you want to replace.

from_pos  Specifies the beginning character position within the text string marking the text being replaced.

to_pos	 Specifies the last character position within the text string marking the text being replaced.

value	 Specifies the text to replace part of the current text in the simple text widget.

Description
       The  DwtSTextReplace  function  replaces  part of the text string in the simple text widget.  Within the window, the positions are numbered
       starting from 0 and increasing sequentially.  For example, to replace the second and third characters in the string, from_pos should  be  1
       and to_pos should be 3.	To insert a string after the fourth character, from_pos and to_pos should both be 4.

See Also
       DwtSText(3Dwt),  DwtSTextGetString(3Dwt),  DwtSTextGetEditable(3Dwt),  DwtSTextSetEditable(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetMaxLength(3Dwt), DwtS-
       TextSetMaxLength(3Dwt), DwtSTextSetSelection(3Dwt), DwtSTextClearSelection(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetSelection(3Dwt)
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtSTextReplace(3Dwt)