Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx) Post 89693 by ganeshh on Tuesday 15th of November 2005 04:57:12 AM
Old 11-15-2005
Question how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send email to multiple users.

Hi, I am using the mailx command to send email to multple users. The command works fine when i am sending mail to a single user but when i insert multiple email ids inside the quote it does not work. All the email ids are coming from a property file.Please have a lookt at the property file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyaksingh
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Send email from solaris to exchange

Can i send e-mail from solaris to exchange?How can i configure the solaris?thks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jowvid
1 Replies

3. Debian

cannot send any mails using mailx

hi howto configure mailx ? kind regards ccc (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
11 Replies

4. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

6. AIX

Configure sendmail to use exchange server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to send separate mails to different users from a text file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: Code: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx Vs sendmail to send internal emails to exchange

Hi Gurus, I have been searching for this around, but sendmail seems complicated and not sure if "mail" command would do, since all what I need to send internal emails from my solaris 10 box to our exchange server. Would the mailx or mail command do ? I tried the : # mailx -s test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris - Sendmail - Adding .com.gr in external senders e-mails

Hello Everybody ! I'm Harry from Athens Greece and i have a problem with my Sendmail 8.13.3 installed on Solaris SunOS ultra 5.10. The problem is that when someone sends to us an e-mail and his e-mail address is like : xxxx@xxxx.com, our e-mail server adds up in the senders address a .com.gr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mcasim
2 Replies