Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Change password script in Unix easily.. Post 89561 by Perderabo on Monday 14th of November 2005 09:57:26 AM
Old 11-14-2005
See: changepass automate password changes on multiple systems

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change UNIX password

My shop has just ordained that all UNIX passwords expire after 45 days. We do NOT have a "single logon" facility, so I will need to logon to each of the servers (15+) I interact with and change my password by hand. I thought I could invoke passwd inside a ksh script as a Here document and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornshellmaven
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to change the UNIX password prompt?

Hi guys, I got these 3 servers: a, b and c which I ssh from a to b/c. a:$ ssh userid@b Password: a:$ ssh userid@c userid@c's password: Notice that the password prompt is different (highlighted in bold) on both servers even though their SUN Solaris version the same, OpenSSH version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to change password

Hello Gurus I have little challenge which I do not know how to address it. I have unix account on many servers (let's say over 25). These accounts expire every 60 days. Is there scripts that I can run from my "local computer" and pass a new password to it where it would change it for me on all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] Howto change subdirectory easily using cd

Hi all, how to change the path easily from /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd olddb /u01/oracle/oradata/olddb/tab > or /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd u05 /u05/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab > I am lazy for typing the abs. path again... As I know there is some "tips" in doing this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Automatic script to change the UNIX Password

Hi, we have around 50 users and every month we need to change the password manually once its expire. do we have any script to change the password automatically. OS -HP-UX Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change password in UNIX

Hi Friends, Every morning i need to change the password, please advise how it can be automated. I am having pre planned password list for 4 months which can be used as input file for new passwords. Thanks (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
28 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					  CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE - size of POST data pointed to SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, long size); DESCRIPTION
If you want to post data to the server without having libcurl do a strlen() to measure the data size, this option must be used. When this option is used you can post fully binary data, which otherwise is likely to fail. If this size is set to -1, the library will use strlen() to get the size. If you post more than 2GB, use CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3). DEFAULT
-1 PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { const char *data = "data to send"; curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* size of the POST data */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, (long) strlen(data)); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, data); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)