Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View file on distant machine
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users View file on distant machine Post 89515 by Majid on Monday 14th of November 2005 05:02:34 AM
Old 11-14-2005
Data View file on distant machine

Hello everybody,

I have a program that connects to a distant machine using a specific port. Then inetd executes a command on that distant machine (M2).

What I'd like to do is write a scipt that, given the port, it gives me the command executed. (The script should be launched on the local machine M1 and should look into the /etc/inetd.conf on the machine M2).

I have a username and password on the machine M2, so when I connect using rlogin, I can view the /etc/inetd.conf without any problem.

I tryed to do an FTP on my script (machine M1), but it's not possible (permission denied).

I tryed `rsh -l login cat /etc/inetd.conf`, no way.. (I can add my user to the .rhosts, but I want a script that could be launched from anywhere).

I tryed :
rlogin M2 -l user << STOP > file.tmp
password
cat /etc/inetd.conf
STOP

But the script showes the message "Closed connection." and the "file.tmp" is empty.

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I view my hardware specs in my unix machine ?

I am trying to view the hardware specifications through ssh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfir
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How do I view file?

I am trying to view the files in /etc/security/audit/SERVERNAME/files, but when I gunzip them and then do a cat I get a bunch of garbage with some stuff that makes sense. I need to view this file without having all the garbage. I tried to cat it and vi it without any luck. Can someone show me an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to view the file

Hi All, I am experiencing a strange and serious issue. I can see, a file exist there inside a directory while doing cat i can see the file exists, but while trying to view that its saying NO such File or Directory. (ipbala01)/env/balast7/app/working/batch_loader/data/system_2/input>ll total 12... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process on distant server

Hello, I have a question regarding how to manage a process on a distant unix server. I perform calculations on a dedicated Unix server (RedHat ELS5.5) using Matlab (installed on the server). The commands are written in a terminal session (via ssh) on my laptop (MacBook Pro6,2 - MacOS X 10.6.7).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antonino_ch
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run perl scripts to a distant server!!!!

Hello everybody; I want to run some scripts perl on my windows pc to a distant server linux which i connect to it via putty,I'm just a small beginner and I want just to know if this is possible or not and if you can send me some docs I will really grateful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bassma
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching position and output neighbors within 500 distant

Hi, I have been struggling to match positions output its neigbors. Can you please help ? I have 2 files.They both have the same format (same number of columns) but first file is a kind of subset of second file The first file looks like this (tab delimited): 1 11567687 snpid20 1 153881... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fat
4 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
INETD2RLINETD(8)						   rlinetd 0.8.2						  INETD2RLINETD(8)

NAME
inetd2rlinetd - configuration file converter SYNOPSIS
inetd2rlinetd [--force-overwrite] [--print-file-names] [--add-from-comment] [-f file] [-l entry] [directory] DESCRIPTION
inetd2rlinetd is a script to convert typical inetd.conf(5) style configuration files to rlinetd.conf(5) style configuration files. OPTIONS
-f file File in inetd.conf(5) format which will be converted. Default in stdin. -l entry A line in inetd.conf(5) format. Only that line will be converted. On Debian systems, this option is used internally by the update- inetd(8) command. directory Output files directory. Default is /etc/rlinetd.d. --force-overwrite Forces overwriting existing files with new version. --print-file-names Prints to standard output list of generated files. --add-from-comment Puts special comment with original inetd.conf(5) line in front of each converted service. NOTE Options -f and -l cannot be used together. SEE ALSO
rlinetd.conf(5), inetd.conf(5), inetd(8), rlinetd(8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Mikolaj J. Habryn <dichro-doc@rcpt.to>. Modified by Robert Luberda <robert@debian.org>. Debian July 4th, 2011 INETD2RLINETD(8)