Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Using a C program to create directories in UNIX Post 89497 by Perderabo on Monday 14th of November 2005 12:55:08 AM
Old 11-14-2005
Using system() to invoke the mkdir program is rather expensive. Why not just use the mkdir system call? It would be much faster.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I create & Maintain directories

I need to either create or use a current directory to provide a path for a windows file, how do I do that? kimj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimjones142001
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create directories

Hi... Can any1 help me by telling me the way to create multiple directories using single command.... to create 1 directory.. mkdir is used.... :D but how to create multiple direcs. like 4 direc. i tried .... $ mkdir a; mkdir b; mkdir c; mkdir d But its 4 commands in a single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abishekmag
3 Replies

3. Programming

How to create a new unix user in through a c program

Hi , I want to create a new user using c program not with unix adduser command . is it possible to write a cprogram to create a new user account , it should accept username , grouid , group name and all other privilages . i can use system calls inside c program to do this . i will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create short form for directories?

Hi Friends, Can you please tell me how to create short form for directories? like, this is a directory: /usr/tmp/progs/scripts when i give cd $short_name, it should take to the above path. in which env setting do i have to set? Thanks, Rashmy. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create shotcuts to the directories

Hi, I need your help in writing shortcuts to my directories. So that I can go into the directories with the help of shortcuts. For example: there is a directory called /home/java/webapps/project1 I want to give a shortcut as project1 . So whenever I have give cd project 1 from command line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonySolarisAdmi
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to create 3 different new directories under the same path

Hi, Iam new to UNIX...My requirement is to create 3 dir as an hierarchy under /var/opt/temip.The output should be /var/opt/temip/GP_Int/GPTTS/AUTO. I have tried the following script...But only GP_int folder is getting created and not other folders...Can someone help??? #!/usr/bin/ksh #script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Llb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Range Create Directories

Hello, I am a bit stumped on this. I am attempting to create 24 empty directories with a loop. Seems like I have incorrect syntax. When I run the following command I get the error below. Command $ for i in {2..24}; do mkdir $i_MAY_2011 ; doneError x 24 mkdir: missing operand Try `mkdir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create 2 directories in one command

Hi how can i create 2 directories in two different directories ($HOME and $PWD) with 1 command? dir 1 in $HOME and dir2 in $PWD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create automated Directories

Hi, On serverB i wish to have a script that creates ONLY & EXACTLY the same folder structure that i provide on ServerA. Thus if serverA has a folder "Output" under /opt/app/Output and has the below folders under Output Output Output/logs Output/reciever Output/data... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies
DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)

NAME
dh_installexamples - install example files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installexamples [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installexamples is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing examples into usr/share/doc/package/examples in package build directories. FILES
debian/package.examples Lists example files or directories to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install any files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Install these files (or directories) as examples into the first package acted on. (Or into all packages if -A is specified.) NOTES
Note that dh_installexamples will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)