Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix automatic file transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unix automatic file transfer Post 89470 by tagem on Sunday 13th of November 2005 02:30:08 PM
Old 11-13-2005
Question unix automatic file transfer

Hello,
I am a beginner with korn shell scripting. I have got a text file that gets produced every night and I need to transfer it to a windows shared area.
Is there any command line script (e.g FTP) that I could use to transfer the file automatically without manual intervention everyday?
Any ideas will be very much appreciated

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

File transfer from unix to NT box?

Is there a method to transfer a file from UNIX (AIX) to an NT box without the NT box having any special software running? I can ping the box via the network and I have a valid NT account to use. Is FTP a viable solution ? HELP! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvacc
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to winnt file transfer

how to pass files from unix to windows nt?help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasanvs
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl scirpt for automatic file transfer

Hi , can any one help me with a perl script for automating file transfer ? At each step i need to check for the success or failure . I am trying to connect to the target system for a specified number of times.if it doesnt connect even after 3 retries then the script should exit. and i have to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ??? ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????) now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from UNIX to MFT system

Hello , I need to write a script that by using scp transfer a csv file from UNIX to a MFT system (MFT is similar to a winscp) with the help of a private/public key. problem is we are not suppose to generate a private key that will be provided to use by an Application team. Can anybody help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monika08
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX to windows XP file transfer

I am using Unix workstation to transfer a .txt file to my other Windows XP desktop using network. can u suggest some idea how to do. i am new to unix . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil17
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
ncftpls(1)						      General Commands Manual							ncftpls(1)

NAME
ncftpls - Internet file transfer program for scripts SYNOPSIS
ncftpls [options] ftp://url.style/host/path/name/ OPTIONS
Command line flags: -1 Most basic format, one item per line. -l Long list format. -R Long list format, recurse subdirectories. Equivalent to "-x -lR". -x -XX Additional ls flags to pass on to the server. -u XX Use username XX instead of anonymous. -p XX Use password XX with the username. -P XX Use port number XX instead of the default FTP service port (21). -d XX Use the file XX for debug logging. -t XX Timeout after XX seconds. -E Use regular (PORT) data connections. -F Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out. -r XX Redial a maximum of XX times until connected to the remote FTP server. -W XX Send raw FTP command XX after logging in. -X XX Send raw FTP command XX after each file transferred. -Y XX Send raw FTP command XX before logging out. The -W, -X, and -Y options are useful for advanced users who need to tweak behavior on some servers. For example, users accessing mainframes might need to send some special SITE commands to set blocksize and record format information. For these options, you can use them multiple times each if you need to send multiple commands. For the -X option, you can use the cookie %s to expand into the name of the file that was transferred. DESCRIPTION
The purpose of ncftpls is to do remote directory listings using the File Transfer Protocol without entering an interactive shell. This lets you write shell scripts or other unattended processes that can do FTP. The default behavior is to print the directory listing in columnized format (i.e. ls -CF), but that is not very useful for scripting. This example uses the -1 flag, to print one file per line: $ ncftpls -1 ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ You can also do a remote "ls -l", by using "ncftpls -l". If you want to try other flags, you have to use them with the -x flag. For exam- ple, if you wanted to do a remote "ls -lrt", you could do this: $ ncftpls -x "-lrt" ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ By default the program tries to open the remote host and login anonymously, but you can specify a username and password information like you can with ncftpget or ncftpput. DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpls returns the following exit values: 0 Success. 1 Could not connect to remote host. 2 Could not connect to remote host - timed out. 3 Transfer failed. 4 Transfer failed - timed out. 5 Directory change failed. 6 Directory change failed - timed out. 7 Malformed URL. 8 Usage error. 9 Error in login configuration file. 10 Library initialization failed. 11 Session initialization failed. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (mgleason@ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1), ncftp(1), ftp(1), rcp(1), tftp(1). LibNcFTP (http://www.ncftp.com/libncftp/). Software NcFTP ncftpls(1)