Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users process pager - by cell phone or just e-mail notify Post 8946 by squash on Friday 19th of October 2001 11:59:51 AM
Old 10-19-2001
process pager - notify bye-mail or cell phone

ok. thanks Optimus_P.

But now, i want my script check the internet conection.
What's the sintax for the correct WATCH with "ping any.address.com"?

If anybody want's help-me, i wait for contact.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mail, aliases, pager

Hi, I have two aliases for two types of alert. /etc/aliases italert1: user1@company.com italertb: 123456@paging.isp.com The first alias containts only an email to go through the company exchange/mail server. Works fine. The second alias contains only a pager which also works fine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mail command to notify the status of script

Can someone please help me with this script, I'm trying to create system backup on AIX, for this I want to first mount the filesystem if it is not mounted, then create the backup and unmount the filesystem but I'm having problem while using the mail command to notify the status of filesystem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

notify-send does not notify real time

Hi, I am having a little trouble getting notify-send to work the way I would like it to. I am using ubuntu - karmic koala 2.6.31-19-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP So here's the problem run the following commands one after the other. notify-send -i info -t 100000 -- "Hi" "world" & notify-send -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob to notify by mail

I am planning some tasks that I need send mails regularly to my team members. I think to use cronjob with script to do it. Two init files are prepared, I can change the format if you ask for. name.txt: Bill bill@xxx.com Peter peter@xxx.com James james@xxx.com Tasks_list.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
4 Replies
dceping(8)																dceping(8)

NAME
dceping - test the ability to contact DCE services from a local DCE client. SYNOPSIS
dceping [-n number] [-s time] [-v] [-C] [service_name ...] required to specify the literal strings, NAMESPACE or STRING_BINDING (see nond- cesvc(4)). OPTIONS
-n number Specify the number of pinging cycles. Each service is tested once per cycle. The default is one pinging cycle. Specifying -n 0 makes pinging continuous. -s time Specify time, in seconds, to wait between pinging cycles. You must specify more than one pinging cycle with the -n option in order to use -s. -v Run in verbose mode. -C Ping only core DCE services. This option is ineffective if a service_name is specified on the command line. DESCRIPTION
dceping verifies that a local DCE client can communicate with DCE and other services. It uses the RPC management interface to determine if the DCE service is listening. The core DCE services that dceping checks include secd, cdsd, gdad, rpcd, cdsadv, dtsd, and sec_clientd. You can ping other DCE and non-DCE services by naming them in the file, /opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/nondcesvc. If you want to determine at run time what services you want dceping to ping, you may do so using the same file. See the manpage, nondcesvc(4), for more information. You may specify the services to ping on the command line separated by blanks. In this case, dceping does not ping any DCE core services or the services listed in /opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/nondcesvc. The service_name specified could be either a name in the DCE Cell Directory Service Namespace or an RPC string binding. It is not AUTHOR
dceping was developed by HP. FILES
/opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/nondcesvc /opt/dcelocal/hpadmin/etc/wellknownif SEE ALSO
nondcesvc(4), wellknownif(4) HP DCE
dceping(8)