Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting runnig a perl program from a different dir.. Post 89440 by sekar sundaram on Sunday 13th of November 2005 02:55:37 AM
Old 11-13-2005
still there is a question..

thanks once again cbkihong,
got some ideas,.. but still..

in perl, unix,

write a program, give chmod -577 program, set the PATH variable with program's path.
after that we can run the program from anywhere.. i think its correct..

that's what i need...

i tried this:
-------------------------------------
C:\>type d:\hitest.pl
print "HI";

C:\>perl hitest.pl
Can't open perl script "hitest.pl": No such file or directory
----------
C:\>type d:\hitest.pl
chdir "d:\\";
print "HI";

C:\>perl hitest.pl
Can't open perl script "hitest.pl": No such file or directory
----------------------------------------

thanks again in advance,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

runnig squid at boot up

Hi Does any body know how i can run a program at bootup? I have squid (cache server) installed on my PC but after boot up i should run it manually but i want it to run automaticly is there a way? I used to do it by entering the address ina file but i've forgotten it now. But i remember that ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hessam
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP 9000 runnig Unix

I have aquired the dutties of looking after our MRP system We have a HP 9000D running Unix With MINX as tha MRP system Our last IT System adim. had crashed the system before he left and sense then we have not been able to log on to the system at the console or remotely. tha error reads minx... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstrin
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Runnig Remote Shell

Please I need your help. I want to run remotely a unix shell that run a java process, from a Visual Basic Client. Thanks mac33 :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac33
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Runnig a Windows command from UNIX

Hi, I need to execute a Windows command from UNIX crontab ( or similar utility). We are evaluating the schedular applications that will easily solve this issue although it will be a while by the time the tool selection happens and I need something to implement this solution in the iterim. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashpon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command syntax for C:\dir

Hi Everyone, Perl command syntax that would display my ... C:\dir .... Regards, asabzevari (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asabzevari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL count files in a dir

Hi Guys, I need to count files in a dir which were updated yesterday. ls -lth | grep -i 'Jul 7' | wc -l The dir holds files of last 15 days and total count is as 2067476. Is it efficient to count the files using perl? I have developed the following perl script making use of system(). Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Copying ONLY files from one dir to another

I'm writing a Perl script which has its 1st step as to copy files from one directory to another directory. The Source directory has got files with extension, without extension, directories etc. But I want to copy ONLY files with no extension. The files with extensions and directories should not get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding Files with Perl on a Hidden Dir?

Greetings! Been a while since I futzed around with Perl, and came upon a minor headscratcher for the community ;) Here's the basic code which I'm trying to make tick over:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; print " starting "; while (-e "~/.somedir/testFile")... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /etc/smrsh, allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the characters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/ucb/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to ``/etc/smrsh/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the /etc/smrsh directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vaca- tion(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the /etc/smrsh directory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the sm.bin directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply disallows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). FILES
/etc/smrsh - directory for restricted programs SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)