Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR Post 89224 by mr_manny on Friday 11th of November 2005 01:55:18 PM
Old 11-11-2005
thank you sir...
two drives = no automated solution in drive failure

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS and replicas

Hello, We are using Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris 2.7. We want to add two striped volume with six disks. On each disk, we take a slice and we create the stripe. That I want to know : Is it necessary to add two replicas on the same slice on the new disks, as made before on the others... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christophe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with DiskSuite replicas

Good morning, I have Solstice disk suite installed on my server. One disk broke so I sostitute it. A replica was present on this disk. I had delete and then recreate it with commands metadb -d and metadb -a. Now when I inquire for the status of replicas I see this: stp11# metadb -i ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

3. Solaris

metadevice problem

hi all i am very new to solaris...i am trying configure raid 0 in my ultrascsi box which is having 6 sun36GB hard disks. I have created 4 state database replicas in the following slices /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s7 /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s7 and /dev/dsk/c1t4d0s7. i could not use any other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
7 Replies

4. Solaris

metadevice submirrors 0 and 1 not consistent

At a new job, I've inherited a handful of Solaris 10 SunFire V240 servers. I noticed that the metadevices are not consistent, in a way that I've not seen before.... internal mirrored disks: metadevice d60 has c1t0d0s6 as submirror 0 (d61) and c1t1d0s6 as submirror 1 (d62) metadevice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max Power
1 Replies

5. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size?

Hey all! I was hoping someone knew anything about this one... I know with Solaris Volume Manager the default Database Replica size is 8192 blocks (4MB approximately) Now I know you can increase this amount but is there any point? The reason I am asking this is that I've setup mirroring on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

7. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

zfs raidz2 - insufficient replicas

I lost my system volume in a power outage, but fortunately I had a dual boot and I could boot into an older opensolaris version and my raidz2 7 drive pool was still fine. I even scrubbed it, no errors. However, the older os has some smb problems so I wanted to upgrade to opensolaris11. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skk
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail error - 452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources

Hi All, I am using svnnotify (which is available on net) script to send svn commit notification. Everything was working fine up to yesterday but from yesterday i started seeing error. 29CD01FCE44 7228 Thu Apr 5 11:11:51 apache@vm0001.host.com (host mail.mailserver.com said: 452... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_vsh1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs error: insufficient space for argument

I'm trying to crudely hack my way through some data processing. I have file.txt with around 17,000 lines like this: ACYPI002690-PA.aa.afa.afa.trim_phyml_tree_fullnames_fullhomolog.txt 3 72 71 ACYPI002690-PA.aa.afa.afa.trim_phyml_tree_fullnames_fullhomolog.txt 97 111 71... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_HEALTH(7) 				      Pacemaker Configuration					   OCF_PACEMAKER_HEALTH(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_HealthSMART - SMART health status SYNOPSIS
OCF_RESKEY_state=string OCF_RESKEY_drives=string OCF_RESKEY_temp_lower_limit=string OCF_RESKEY_temp_upper_limit=string HealthSMART [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Systhem health agent that checks the S.M.A.R.T. status of the given drives and updates the #health-smart attribute. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_state = string [/var/run//health-smart-{OCF_RESOURCE_INSTANCE}.state] State file Location to store the resource state in. OCF_RESKEY_drives = string [sda] Drives to check The drives to check as a SPACE separated list. Enter only the part after the "/dev/" i.e. "sda". At the moment /dev/sda is hard coded. Sorry. OCF_RESKEY_temp_lower_limit = string [0] Lower limit for the temperature of the drive(s) Lower limit of the temperature in deg C of the drive(s). Below this limit there status will be red. The yellow limit is 5 deg C more than this value. OCF_RESKEY_temp_upper_limit = string [60] Upper limit for red smart attribute Upper limit of the temperature if deg C of the drives(s). If the drive reports a temperature higher than this value the status of #health-smart will be red. The yellow limit is 5 deg C below this value. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 07/05/2010 OCF_PACEMAKER_HEALTH(7)