Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users porting a unix programme to linux??what matters Post 89183 by krhamidou on Friday 11th of November 2005 09:17:36 AM
Old 11-11-2005
there aren't a lot of differences between linux and a posix-compliant unix. sometimes , you 'll have simply to recompile your unix program to port it under linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX to linux porting

Hi all, i wanted to port some HP-UX code to linux. can anybody point to some documents or resources that would help me in doing the porting.. thanks in advance Arun Prakash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunprakash
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile the c programme in unix

Hi, My name is vreddy and I am learning c language now and written one programme on vi editor. how do I compile the programme please give me some advice and that would be helpfull for me. thanks vre (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasudeva
10 Replies

4. Programming

Porting From Linux To Hpux

Gents, i'm a senior applications developer and need to port a Linux server application ( no additional / special libraries or unique header files ) to a HPUX enviroment. Any chance to compile it on the Linux using flags to create an HPUX binary with gcc? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anak0nda
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Certification Programme for Unix Shell Scripting

Hi All, Can any one know about "Certification Programme for Unix Shell Scripting"? How do I become Certified Unix shell scripting programmer? Where will I get this certification? How do I continue my career as a script programmer? What are the additional things to learn. Currently I know... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
14 Replies

6. Linux

when porting from HP-UX to Linux

helo, i m porting HP-UX socket application to Linux SSL-socket application. I have use htonl() in HP-UX. so when i use it in Linux, data transf is not done and application become soem time crashed. now when i remove htonl() in linux, then i got data but it will not proper order or some data may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to call the C Programme in UNIX shell scripting...?

Hi All, How to call the C programme in UNIX shell scripting? please send me some sample script for the above scenario. Regards, MPS:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

8. Programming

Nucleus to Linux porting

I am new to Linux programming and my work involves changing an abstraction layer which made Nucleus calls, to Linux calls. In Case of Events Nucleus has calls like NU_Set_Events() NU_Retrieve_Events() Can I use the POSIX thread conditional variables for Linux? Can I use the System V calls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taklubaba
1 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Porting OSE to Linux

Hi, I was trying to port efs_mount(OSE system call) to a LInux.The efs_mount function is used to mount a volume on the indicated device dev.Upon successful completion of this OSE sytem call a volume manager (VM) will be available through which files on this volume are accessed. The Syntax for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshantraj30
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Porting from Solaris to Linux

Can any one please help the use of "cu command in Solaris" and as well as in Linux :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies
SETSID(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SETSID(1)

NAME
setsid - run a program in a new session SYNOPSIS
setsid [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
setsid runs a program in a new session. The command calls fork(2) if already a process group leader. Otherwise, it executes a program in the current process. OPTIONS
-c, --ctty Set the controlling terminal to the current one. -w, --wait Wait for the execution of the program to end, and return the exit value of this program as the return value of setsid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
setsid(2) AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> AVAILABILITY
The setsid command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 SETSID(1)