Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reading and searching xml element text in script Post 89139 by forevercalz on Thursday 10th of November 2005 09:55:13 PM
Old 11-10-2005
thanks! however after i get this out..
thefile.txt
thefile2.ppt
the script will need to check whether this file exist inside the directory..the directory is call ../checkdir. Usually the files will exist in the directory and it will echo file exist. hmm..any idea on this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and searching xml element text in script

well i have this xml file here: this file is called filereader.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <file> <file1> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile.txt</filecopy> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile2.ppt</filecopy> </file1> </file> i need to write the script that search for the Bold text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching XML tag in a script

Hey, I need to parse the following XML to just grab the Customer ID. Is there any RegEx that can achieve this ? So in this example, the script just return 0000109654, as the output. Even if it involves awk, sed please let me know. ************ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhandari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading XML datas via Shell Script

Hi all, i have an xml file with this fomat(exactly) : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE TestSuite SYSTEM "../../CallCrt.dtd"> <TestSuite description="Diameter"> <FileReference FileName="DMI_FC01.xml"/> <!--<FileReference FileName="DMI_FC02.xml"/> -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freepal
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

read XML xml element with REGEXP

Hi, I would need to read an xml element from an xml file to a local variable. Please could you help me with a shell script to get so? Considering that I have a file called file.xml like below: <header> <description>This is the description</description> <content>This is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarmon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading xml attributes with shell script

Hi, Iam new to shell scripting.I have below urgent requirement I want to read attributes (transaction,documentmode) in xml tag with shell scripting and create a filename with these attribues Xml : <PURCHASE_10 partner="food" version="1.50" timestamp="2009-03-10T09:56:55"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swetha123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if XML element has a matching required element

I want to check if every <Part> element has corresponding <Description> in this sample XML. ....<Lot Of XML> <Inv lineNumber="2"> <Item> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading xml tags from ksh script

Hi, I have an XMl file, below is sample: <TRANSFORMATION DESCRIPTION ="Created by:- " NAME ="LKP_FT_T_FILEK" OBJECTVERSION ="1" REUSABLE ="YES" TYPE ="Lookup Procedure" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> </TRANSFORMATION> I need to read the tag, and if the tag is TRANSORMATION, i want to check the Type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
tt_file_move(library call)												tt_file_move(library call)

NAME
tt_file_move -- move objects from one file to another SYNOPSIS
#include <Tt/tt_c.h> Tt_status tt_file_move( const char *oldfilepath, const char *newfilepath); DESCRIPTION
The tt_file_move function destroys all objects that exist on the files and directories rooted at newfilepath, then moves all objects that exist on oldfilepath to newfilepath. If oldfilepath and newfilepath reside in the same file system, tt_file_move replaces oldfilepath with newfilepath in the path associated with every object in that file system; that is, all the objects in the directory tree rooted at oldfilepath are overlaid onto newfilepath. In this mode, the behavior of tt_file_move is similar to rename(2). If oldfilepath and newfilepath reside in different file systems, neither can be a directory. The oldfilepath argument is the name of the file or directory whose objects are to be moved. The newfilepath argument is the name of the file or directory to which the objects are to be moved. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the tt_file_move function returns the status of the operation as one of the following Tt_status values: TT_OK The operation completed successfully. TT_ERR_ACCESS The user does not have the necessary access to the object and/or the process. TT_ERR_DBAVAIL The ToolTalk service could not access the ToolTalk database needed for this operation. TT_ERR_DBEXIST The ToolTalk service could not access the specified ToolTalk database in the expected place. TT_ERR_FILE The specified file does not exist or it is inaccessible. TT_ERR_NOMP The ttsession(1) process is not running and the ToolTalk service cannot restart it. TT_ERR_PATH The specified pathname included an unsearchable directory, or oldfilepath and newfilepath reside in different file systems, and either is a directory. TT_ERR_POINTER The pointer passed does not point to an object of the correct type for this operation. SEE ALSO
Tt/tt_c.h - Tttt_c(5), tt_file_copy(3), tt_file_destroy(3); rename(2). tt_file_move(library call)